100% DV Meal Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% DV Meal Plan

Does anyone have a sample meal plan that includes 100% of the dailty vitamins & minerals we need.

No fruit or dairy please
    Get on my Level
    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2751/...d0bd2837c6.jpg

You could use coconut milk. Yummy.

Ah sorry I got nothing.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

i already drink coconut milk lol, use it in eggs, stir frys etc.... just found the stuff and lovin it
      Get on my Level

Comment

I'll play around with cron- o- meter when I get the chance. I've been meaning to figure one out anyways.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

thank you!
          Get on my Level

Comment

This still comes up shy on calcium and Vitamin D, about half in both cases. Ghee might raise both of those, if you can have it. Lard, in a large enough quatity will take care of your Vitamin D.
            1 T- Bone steak
            1 c asparagus
            3 cups (cooked) spinach
            4 large eggs
            6 0z wild Atlantic salmon
            1 oz almonds
            1 small bell pepper
            1 jalapeno
            1 mug white tea
            1 avocado (hass, small)
            5 cherry tomatos
            1 cup chopped carrots
            1 cup broccoli

Everything cooked in lard or grilled except the cherry tomatos, avocado, and salmon (salmon is assumed to be smoked.)
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
              Does anyone have a sample meal plan that includes 100% of the dailty vitamins & minerals we need.

No fruit or dairy please
              Why go through all the trouble? Simply use supplements and try to eat healthy, wholesome food that's as organic and grain/corn/omega-6 free as possible. I think that it's nearly impossible for most people to get all the required nutrients without also using supplements. For example, where I live nobody's ever heard of something like "grass-fed". The most I can hope for is organically grown vegetables ... which unfortunately usually still means monoculture and nutrient-deprived, it simply means less contaminated with chemicals and/or antibiotics.
              MikeEnRegalia's Blog - Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and other stuff ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia View Post
                Why go through all the trouble? Simply use supplements and try to eat healthy, wholesome food that's as organic and grain/corn/omega-6 free as possible. I think that it's nearly impossible for most people to get all the required nutrients without also using supplements. For example, where I live nobody's ever heard of something like "grass-fed". The most I can hope for is organically grown vegetables ... which unfortunately usually still means monoculture and nutrient-deprived, it simply means less contaminated with chemicals and/or antibiotics.
                Ditto
                Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Wow nobody mentioned liver yet?
                  .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                  ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I was trying to keep it relatively easy to find.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

Why would we want to meat DV considering that the concept and values are nothing more than a *reflection* of what could be obtained through a typical diet in the 1950's.

Rather, it seems we would want DVs based on what a typical food sufficient diet in an evolutionary diet might supply....more zinc, iron, vitamin A...more b vites, less overall fat, a higher proportion of that fat as sat fat, of the fat, much more would be Ω3...very little Ω6 - but definitely some. Most of the Ω3 would be DHA (as opposed to most fish oil which is EPA heavy)...

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia View Post
                        Why go through all the trouble? Simply use supplements and try to eat healthy, wholesome food that's as organic and grain/corn/omega-6 free as possible. I think that it's nearly impossible for most people to get all the required nutrients without also using supplements.
                        You are so right. Unless we're eating grassfed AND the brain, liver, lungs, intestines, eyes, joint cartilage and bone broth from those animals, there is NO way to get what we need from food.

Eating liver alone doesn't do it.....it's liver and the rest of the innards in the right proportion to the rest of the meat....

And bone broths cooked for days.....

and fermented foods. Lots of fermented foods. Bury that kimchi.

K

Comment

thanks for the help guys... im not a big fan of supplements b/c i doubt we do anythign but pee them out. ill keep up with the livers for sure though i love them!
                          Get on my Level

Comment

where are you getting your D?

It's patently untrue that we 'do anything but pee them out'. For bs and c's, what isn't used quickly is eliminated, but that's simply untrue for anything else. And even with b's and c's, we still use them, we just can't hang onto them to use them hours or days later.

K

Comment

I doubt one needs as many of these vitamins if theyre eating a Primal diet. Liver and Eggs are nature's multivitamins

Comment

Working...
                              X