Peat "Fat loss" Failures?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I am kind of a perfectionist so I am not sure taking it would be good for me. If I didn't get a "high score" I would be probably deviated, even though I know the test is skewed towards just testing analytical and abstract thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Mensa has an IQ test that can be taken online. I'm thinking about doing that sometime next week when I have the time and am on my desktop. It's in English too, which is not my native language. I'm just curious to find out if my brain still functions, I don't care how I score.

What if I am actually stupid? Lol. I would be so sad.
    Far from it, from what I can tell.

Comment

Gray, whats your native language?

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
        Gray, whats your native language?
        Zach, it's of the Eastern European variety

Re. Peat and weight loss: I'm one of the people who have had success with that from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
          Most people who eat "Peat" and gain weight have one of three things going on. Either they have no idea what they are doing, they are coming from a broken metabolism (aka low carb) or they just think its a sugar and fat free for all.

There is a ton to this diet, its not just a green light on sugar.
          but my metabolism broke eating high carb, low fat

and yes, i'm counting grains and rice and fruit all together because they all affect me the same way

no one diet is going to be great for everyone, no matter how many ways it's spun, and a handful of people from the low carb and high carb camp treating their way of eating as the holy grail for all is what's keeping a bug up this forum's ass

you low carbed it and it didn't work for you
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

I lost weight rapidly on Peat at first: 8lbs in four weeks. Now I'm about 20-22% bf eating 2K+ cals a day and feel happy.

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            i'm counting grains and rice and fruit all together because they all affect me the same way
            Have you ever tried mono meals? It's the single best way to gage your response to what you eat, and then you work with that to find the right combos. It's very difficult to establish if all carbs affect you the same way unless you try that.

I mostly need to eat fruit with dairy, otherwise I'm hungry.

I'm still trying to find a food combo that lets me eat meat without feeling tired. So far cottage cheese is the only thing that helps.

I see yogabare with her hula hoops, moluv with her handstands, and etc and I think "yes! That's what I want."
            Aw
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

yeah i've done a lot of dietary experimentation and just plain eating what's at hand when hungry

plain grainy carbs, sweet grainy carbs, salty grainy carbs, fruit, sugar, all make me hungry much sooner than meat or fat

carbs with fat or protein adds some time to the hungry feeling
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

I think many people might have missed the most important post in this thread.

My boobs grew half a cup size since eating more fruit.

Ladies, more fruit. Please.

Comment

will more fruit make penises bigger?

i think THAT'S the most important question
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

Women have reported more womanly figures from Primal also - rounder/fuller breasts, narrower waists, rounder butts. Old news.

When I increased fruit, I found that instead of farting, pretty lavender smoke blew out of my ass and it smelled like Chanel No. 5. True story. Fruit is magick!*

Bigger peni? I doubt it on baby food and OJ. Sounds like an Rx for androgyny which, though pretty, doesn't make for macho cave dudes.

*As a note, I think fruit, like many things that grow out of the ground is good. But it's a side thing, not a mainstay for me. Nothing is magick. Not fruit, not Peat, not Primal, not whatever god. If you don't have magick inside of you, you won't find it in your surroundings.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Why can't you spell "magic"?
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        yeah i've done a lot of dietary experimentation and just plain eating what's at hand when hungry

plain grainy carbs, sweet grainy carbs, salty grainy carbs, fruit, sugar, all make me hungry much sooner than meat or fat

carbs with fat or protein adds some time to the hungry feeling
                        I hear you. Do you do dairy?

I can't eat plain fruit or I'm starving within minutes. But if I have dairy with it: no hunger! The dairy and fruit combo balances the blood sugar I believe. Starch doesn't work for me at all though: no matter what I eat it with I get hungry again rapidly. Meat seems to be the same (unless I eat it with dairy).
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          Women have reported more womanly figures from Primal also - rounder/fuller breasts, narrower waists, rounder butts. Old news.

When I increased fruit, I found that instead of farting, pretty lavender smoke blew out of my ass and it smelled like Chanel No. 5. True story. Fruit is magick!*

Bigger peni? I doubt it on baby food and OJ. Sounds like an Rx for androgyny which, though pretty, doesn't make for macho cave dudes.

*As a note, I think fruit, like many things that grow out of the ground is good. But it's a side thing, not a mainstay for me. Nothing is magick. Not fruit, not Peat, not Primal, not whatever god. If you don't have magick inside of you, you won't find it in your surroundings.
                          yeah but it's more easier to just latch on to that one statement. 'she ate fruit and her boobs got bigger?!' than look around the whole site and see all kinds of women had the same thing happen with meat and salad

i saw one success story lady who went keto/carnivore and she got an ass and breasts

it's more easier joanie. quit expecting people to do digging
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                            I hear you. Do you do dairy?

I can't eat plain fruit or I'm starving within minutes. But if I have dairy with it: no hunger! The dairy and fruit combo balances the blood sugar I believe. Starch doesn't work for me at all though: no matter what I eat it with I get hungry again rapidly. Meat seems to be the same (unless I eat it with dairy).
                            i love dairy more than a person should

it's the same as the rest of the food mixes for me though
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              Why can't you spell "magic"?
                              *snicker* Hey, if I have to put up with all the people who don't know the difference between advise and advice, your and you're, etc., you can put up with my little "k."

"more easier" is funny.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

"Loose" versus "lose" is far worse. The constant mental image of globs of human fat being loosed like so much space trash is almost unbearable.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X