Canned Fish? Which are better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canned Fish? Which are better?

I've been eating primal for the last 4 months or so. Anyway, I don't have the money to buy grass fed/organic animal products.. but I've been doing okay on it with out so far.. Anyway, I've been wanting to try the canned seafood now, including the Salmon, Tuna, Crabmeat.. Again, I can not really afford the wild caught cans, but I can go with the other. Should I just stay clear from it if I can not afford the ocean wild caught or would the other be ok?

and before anyone asks why I can not afford wild caught/grass fed, before I was eating $1 totinos pizzas, eggs, beans, bread, etc. So it has been worth the extra expense of course, but it has been a little difficult at times.

Actually all canned salmon is wild caught, so purchase anything packed in olive oil or water only.

Comment

Light tuna (it is usually skipjack) doesn't have much Omega-3. Albacore and yellowfin tuna do, but don't eat them too often because they are somewhat high in mercury.

Canned salmon is a good choice. However, even shopping for a good price on canned red or pink Alaskan salmon, I still pay the same price as I do for grass-fed ground beef ($6.99 for the beef), when compared per ounce.

Comment

Canned mackerel, sardines are excellent, too. They're smaller fish, so fewer contaminants.
        F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
          Canned mackerel, sardines are excellent, too. They're smaller fish, so fewer contaminants.
          Agree mackerel much cheaper also than salmon .

From London England UK

Comment

Its not easy eating healthy on a budget, its not impossible, it takes a while to figure out what works for you. If you have a membership (or a relative or friend does) places like Costco & BJ's have great canned chicken, tuna & salmon. I find you get a better quality in the bigger cans for some reason. I can't afford the grass fed either but the food choices I make are far better now then before PB and I find I'm eating less food so my quality of food is going up as the quantity of food goes down.

Comment

Working...
            X