Can I Use Bubbies Pickles Juice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Use Bubbies Pickles Juice?

I've never made my own pickles before. I was wondering If I could just throw some cucumbers in the leftover Bubbies' pickle juice or would if it be better to use fresh water and salt? If I could use the leftover juice would I just leave it on the counter for a few days or keep it in the fridge since its already been refrigerated? Also, would I just add more water to cover the cucumbers?

Originally posted by healthyeater View Post
    I've never made my own pickles before. I was wondering If I could just throw some cucumbers in the leftover Bubbies' pickle juice or would if it be better to use fresh water and salt? If I could use the leftover juice would I just leave it on the counter for a few days or keep it in the fridge since its already been refrigerated? Also, would I just add more water to cover the cucumbers?
    I use both Bubbies pickle juice and the left over sauerkraut juice because I love the taste of theirs. I will throw any veggies, usually red cabbage, carrorts, cucumber slices right into the leftover jars. Sometimes I will need to add more brine...I also toss in spices, pepper as I want. The last bit...I break an extra probiotic capsule or two and mix it in. Leave this on the kitchen counter for a week+ and then into the fridge. There's leftover juices after this process...thats when I drink them and off to whole foods for more Bubbies where the above process repeats...Bubbies isnt super expensive, but I am glad that I can basically get a 2 for 1 this way

Comment

Drink it. It's good for hangovers and other forms of electrolyte depletion.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

It is super easy and cheap to make your own pickles. I tried reusing my own brine once and was not as happy with the second batch.

Here is my favorite pickle recipe: Making Sour Pickles | Wild Fermentation :: Wild Fermentation

You can also make amazing pickled green beans using this recipe. I am always trying new spice mixes so no batch ever tastes the same but they are always good.

Comment

Marks' recipe is AWESOME and works like a charm. Results in perfect Bubbie's-like pickles. I didn't bother using any started from Bubbies or whey or sauerkraut juice.

Naturally Fermented Dill Pickles | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

Originally posted by meloroaster View Post
            Marks' recipe is AWESOME and works like a charm. Results in perfect Bubbie's-like pickles. I didn't bother using any started from Bubbies or whey or sauerkraut juice.

Naturally Fermented Dill Pickles | Mark's Daily Apple
            Thanks for all the responses. In this article Mark says "Because there is no vinegar to preserve the pickles, they will only keep about a week."

Is that right? I thought fermented foods last like forever or something?

Comment

Working...
            X