No announcement yet.

Ray Peat and Crazieness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar experiences here. While low carbing made me feel like on drugs at firts after some time it wear off (I accept the fact I might did it wrong). Now I am eating mostly foods that are from chart people posted in first pages of RP thread and feel different in a good way. And my binging tendencies seems to lowered a ton. Downsides that I put some weight on (again accepting the fact that I am not following ''guidelines'' correctly) and this ''on top of the world'' feeling vanished for the most part which was pretty consistent when low carbing. All in all I think I more warm/friendly but without much ''butterflies'' in my stoamach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uselis View Post
      Similar experiences here. While low carbing made me feel like on drugs at firts after some time it wear off (I accept the fact I might did it wrong). Now I am eating mostly foods that are from chart people posted in first pages of RP thread and feel different in a good way. And my binging tendencies seems to lowered a ton. Downsides that I put some weight on (again accepting the fact that I am not following ''guidelines'' correctly) and this ''on top of the world'' feeling vanished for the most part which was pretty consistent when low carbing. All in all I think I more warm/friendly but without much ''butterflies'' in my stoamach.
      Drop your fat intake. It can be counterintuitive to eat low fat when first going from HFLC to HCLF. Then just be patient. Your body will drop the extra weight again.
      JOURNAL..
      @BabesWithBBQ.
      Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
      Professional Style Website.
      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by jackmormon View Post
        Ray Peat and his "teachings" seem pretty innocuous to me.

The weird thing is how his "teachings" (many are vague) have been latched on to, mixed with personal interpretations, and ended up being an ideological belief system. It seems to attract people with problems, some of them have obsessive/compulsive forum posting disorders.

What is even weirder is the parallels between Mormons and Peatarians.

Both believe in an ideology developed through interpretation of one persons "teachings."
        Both believe that the rest of the world is being deprived unless they espouse their ideology at every opportunity.
        Both believe based on belief itself, not rationality.

Both have an almost obsessive love of gelatin!

One only has to look at the epitome of Mormon cuisine.....Green Jello Salad! This is served at EVERY proper Mormon gathering. It alsways consists of green jello and shredded carrots. Shredded the long way of course! It is some times embellished with dried fruits and commonly mini marshmallows for extra gelatin. (Don't believe me....google "Jello Belt".)

I am tellin ya....Mormon/Peat Jello salad, a can of oysters, a quart of OJ, and a quart of milk before Sunday services is the answer to what you are searching for
        That's hilarious.
        "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I was hoping that there would be at least two people that can debate the merits of either diet from a scientific stand point.
          Is there such a thread?/ website?
          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
            I was hoping that there would be at least two people that can debate the merits of either diet from a scientific stand point.
            Look at mda's thread Primal with moar peat. Not exactly a debate, but goes into some of his recommendations. I don't see why you need to ask for a rehash of HC vs LC when there have been a billion of those threads before... Just read any post by derp on nutrition.
            JOURNAL..
            @BabesWithBBQ.
            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

I was hoping that there would be at least two people that can debate the merits of either diet from a scientific stand point.
              Many threads have involved debates on Ray Peat. If you want to hear from the man himself, go to his website. Alternatively, if you have questions, the other Peaters and I can try to answer them.
              My opinions and some justification

Comment

• MOAR PEAT thread only represents one point of view, so does Derp. My "needs" are far too mysterious and complicated for you to understand.
                -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

My "needs" are far too mysterious and complicated for you to understand.
                  LOL. Yes, because you're so much smarter than the rest of us. I was talking about the debates that Derp was involved in, so you WILL see both sides of the argument.
                  JOURNAL..
                  @BabesWithBBQ.
                  #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• ELLIOT, loving your new site. Very well-researched. Will be reading it!
                    JOURNAL..
                    @BabesWithBBQ.
                    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
                      ELLIOT, loving your new site. Very well-researched. Will be reading it!
                      Thank you! I really appreciate that!
                      My opinions and some justification

Comment

• Originally posted by Elliot View Post
                        Thank you! I really appreciate that!
                        No problem. Loving your section on fats. A lot of new studies I haven't seen before. This is interesting to me:

Some polyunsaturated fatty acids are considered essential. They are not (8, 9). Polyunsaturated fat decreases one's requirements for certain nutrients, like vitamin B6. Therefore adding polyunsaturated fat to a deficient diet can apparently "cure" the deficiency, which could also be cured with the missing nutrients (10).

A medium amount of polyunsaturated fat is most fattening. Animals fed low or high amounts tend to develop high metabolic rates, preventing obesity (11).
                        JOURNAL..
                        @BabesWithBBQ.
                        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Working...
                        X