Ray Peat and Crazieness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
    Still eating peat... 1 year and counting. Tons of people are actually switching to high carb now, be it peat, PHD, or whatever else. Tons more people are PM'ing me to see how they could add more carbs into their diet. Wow, maybe LOW CARBING was a fad and eating carbs at least moderately (like we've done before and after the paleolithic period) is just normal?
    PHD is not high carb. It is pretty moderate. For maintenance, fats are ~ 50% of cals, carbs are 30-35%. PHD is about trying to reach the highest nutrient density for a moderate amount of calories, AND have the foods taste as good as possible

Comment

• Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
      PHD is not high carb. It is pretty moderate. For maintenance, fats are ~ 50% of cals, carbs are 30-35%. PHD is about trying to reach the highest nutrient density for a moderate amount of calories, AND have the foods taste as good as possible
      It's not HIGH carb I guess, but still usually higher carb than what most people end up doing on primal (even though Mark suggests 100-150g carbs for maintenance, very few people actually eat above 80g carbs on primal).
      JOURNAL..
      @BabesWithBBQ.
      Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
      Professional Style Website.
      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
        30-35% is still more than the 50-100g (~10-20%) that people here tend to follow.
        What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

• Low carb is no fad, it's just never been accepted by agribusinesses who want everyone to fill up on expensive produce laced with more and more pesticides. It works for a lot of people and has been written about time and time again over the years with most of the populace picking up their pitchforks to decry its evils. And the govt is no help with its BS recommendations for everyone to eat like livestock.

It works for a lot of people. And, since low-carb is a relative term with no clear definition, it's a silly thing to constantly argue about.

It would be tough to get fat as a fruitarian, for example, because you'd probably spend half your life in the bathroom. That doesn't make it balanced or healthy. It would also be tough to get fat just eating meat.

When Laz was still posting, he once divided up the population into men, women, and post-menopausal women. No one "perfect" way of eating is right for all of them.

Probably the only truism that holds for everyone is to eat as cleanly as possible and avoid poisons. If people would learn to cook again, and put food as a priority instead of shopping for cheap and convenient, most nutrition boards and gurus would be out of a job.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Lol. "spend half your life in a bathroom." Apparently going more than every 3 days is actually an unhealthy thing around here.

Keep the lies alive, guys.
            JOURNAL..
            @BabesWithBBQ.
            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• I go daily, thank you veddy much.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Lol. "spend half your life in a bathroom." Apparently going more than every 3 days is actually an unhealthy thing around here.
                Keep the lies alive, guys.
                Yeah - if you're "carb adapted" it's pretty easy to get rid of a few big ones a day.
                Much better than the 1 small-medium sized one that is painful to pass every other day.
                What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

• Ray Peat and Crazieness?

Originally posted by Nillos View Post
                  Yeah - if you're "carb adapted" it's pretty easy to get rid of a few big ones a day.
                  Much better than the 1 small-medium sized one that is painful to pass every other day.
                  Haha yeah. I love how low carbers must tell themselves "but they have to poop so much!" "but she can only do it because she's young" to whip themselves into compliance and to convince themselves that their way is way to go.

Reeks of defensiveness.

Calm down low carbers... No one is taking away your bulletproof coffee and bacon. I am perfectly happy to have all of the fresh fruits of the season to myself in addition to eating the same meats you eat.

Last edited by TQP; 08-30-2014, 08:30 AM.
                  JOURNAL..
                  @BabesWithBBQ.
                  #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Painful? Jebus - I'd see a doctor for painful. Hitting the 3 and 4 on the Bristol scale easily.

Again, no one thing works for everyone. I've seen posts from people who got constipated going paleo, from people who got diarrhea going paleo, and people for whom it made no difference.

Calm down high carbers - no one is taking away your bananas.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      Again, no one thing works for everyone. I've seen posts from people who got constipated going paleo, from people who got diarrhea going paleo, and people for whom it made no difference.
                      Aren't constipation and diarrhea just 2 sides of the same coin anyway?
                      Both of them seem to be signs that something is wrong with the population of the gut.

Comment

• TQP, are those cellophane noodles?

I destroy those things en-masse when going to the local korean restaurant.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
                          TQP, are those cellophane noodles?

I destroy those things en-masse when going to the local korean restaurant.
                          Glass noodles made with sweet potato starch. Might be the same as cellophane?
                          JOURNAL..
                          @BabesWithBBQ.
                          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Glass noodles made with sweet potato starch. Might be the same as cellophane?
                            yep, the korean place calls them "cellophane noodle"

Comment

• Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
                              yep, the korean place calls them "cellophane noodle"
                              You can buy them on amazon. I always have it on stock in my pantry along with parboiled rice noodles and mung bean noodles, but I am currently loving glass noodles the most because I had it a lot as a kid, cooked with potatoes, meats, Chinese cabbage.
                              JOURNAL..
                              @BabesWithBBQ.
                              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                Low carb is no fad, it's just never been accepted by agribusinesses who want everyone to fill up on expensive produce laced with more and more pesticides. It works for a lot of people and has been written about time and time again over the years with most of the populace picking up their pitchforks to decry its evils. And the govt is no help with its BS recommendations for everyone to eat like livestock.

This contrived point about big agriculture still boggles me.

1. Isn't big agriculture making that vodka of yours?
                                2. What if a high carb paleo person buys mostly locally-grown, small farm produce? Both eating low carb and high carb could support either big corporations or small businesses. There's CAFO vs local & pastured, and there's big Agriculture-produced vs locally grown by small farms.
                                JOURNAL..
                                @BabesWithBBQ.
                                #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Working...
                                X