Ray Peat and Crazieness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zach View Post

Look guys, im not disagreeing with most of this. I guess maybe im just more spiritually advanced, all that animal meat might be bogging down your chakras.
    Wow, I just had a flashback, I don't think I've heard the meat blocking chakras theory since the early 80's.

Btw every day I walk in the woods and I look around and think about what I would eat, where I live there is precious little if you exclude animals/fish. There are acorns and really the only native fruit is manzanita berries. There are of course wild greens and mushrooms but not enough to sustain a body.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

It was a joke.

But im definitely more enlightened then you.
      Glad to hear, for a moment I thought you were a middle-aged vegetarian lady.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

It was a joke.

But im definitely more enlightened then you.
        I did wonder if you were sardonically mocking the vegan crowd with the sheer absurdity of your statements and bad grammar to boot. (more enlightened THEN you ... comic genius!)

You've got the essential fatty acid starved brain rantings of a vegan down perfectly. Bravo to you!
        Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

• Originally posted by KestrelSF View Post

You've got the essential fatty acid starved brain rantings of a vegan down perfectly. Bravo to you!

Anyway, using animal matter to satisfy requirements for essential nutrients other than energy, and plant sources primarily for energy, is a dietary strategy compatible with hominoid gut anatomy and digestive kinetics. The adaptation of eating meat for humans was probably the sole reason humans evolved as they did(mothers weaned their children earlier), and they created a process with increased dependence on technology and learned skills (manufacture and use of stone tools and hunting implements, techniques of food preparation) as well as social skills (cooperative hunting, division of labor, food sharing, a long period of offspring provisioning) that probably took place over a period of 2.5 million or more years, which explains a lot about modern human behavioral patterns.

I'd rather be a vegetarian than a carnivore though, but fortunately we're omnivores.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
            Glad to hear, for a moment I thought you were a middle-aged vegetarian lady.
            *chuckle*
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by KestrelSF View Post
              I did wonder if you were sardonically mocking the vegan crowd with the sheer absurdity of your statements and bad grammar to boot. (more enlightened THEN you ... comic genius!)

Come on bro, you think i would defend those hippies? Now get back to you WOD of burpees and guzzling bacon grease, you animal!

Comment

Come on bro, you think i would defend those hippies? Now get back to you WOD of burpees and guzzling bacon grease, you animal!
                All due respect, Zach, but I still think you're a middle-aged vegetarian lady.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  All due respect, Zach, but I still think you're a middle-aged vegetarian lady.
                  I didnt know they had internet in The Shire. Say hello to Bilbo for me.

Comment

Yeah, there's no DSL. It's satellite. It's kinda slow, but we make it work.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      Yeah, there's no DSL. It's satellite. It's kinda slow, but we make it work.
                      Dont forget to whistle while you work...

(Seven dwarfs reference....)

Comment

• and have FUN!

Comment

• Originally posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
                          I have been on this website and have been doing Primal since June and have been very health conscious and low carb for many, many years before that. I had never even heard of Ray Peat before coming here. I read some recent posts about Ray Peat and was quite shocked by some of the advice. I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone's belief systems, I really don't, but I have to ask some questions. Why exactly is white sugar and orange juice supposed to be good for you? And why are salmon and avocados bad? I have read thousands and thousands of reputable health books and websites over the years and have never heard of such things. Please enlighten me. Thanks.
                          I've never heard of Ray Peat, but from your post he sounds like a wacko.

Is he an Americans? There are a lot of wackos in the US.

Comment

Hey now, he may be small but he's wiry
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Just want to pipe in to support Zach a little on this one. Vegetarians/ vegans can be quite healthy and I won't hate on them for choosing to eat that way. Just as long as they leave me to my healthful choices and don't call me a murderer for eating animals.

I would also like to remind Zach that it is the same for low carb eaters, they can be quite healthy too, same with low fat eaters.

The truth is humans have one of the most robust, versatile, digestive system in the animal kingdom.

The biggest reason I see for our ancient ancestors to prefer meat instead of plant nutrients would've come down to time, not wich one was 'better' for us. Animals can provide a whole day or more of sustenance with only a small amount of time invested. To sustain off of roots, tubers, grains, nuts, plant tissue and fruits would've taken a large time investment. Grok wouldn't have thought in terms of health (every thing was healthy) it would've come down to variance and time.

Sent from my iPhone
                                A little primal gem - My Success Story
                                Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

Working...
                                X