Really confused about chicken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattfood View Post
    the organic free range i eat is from one of our major grocery lines (macro whole foods) and consequently one of the major organic players commerically available in australia, so i do feel confident of the product quality... i also buy nuts, coconut products and veg from their brand.
    Google FREPA. That's who certify Woolies organic free range chicken.

Comment

would you say their standards help produce a higher quality bird?

Comment

Antibiotics for therapeutic use under bet care :/
        Inside constant dim lighting allowed & approx. 14 birds per square meter inside.
        Access to outside but you don't know if they actually do.

Comment

Oh my goodness - eat the chicken. I bet most MDA readers would give an arm or a leg to have a meat supply that good.
          The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
            Google FREPA. That's who certify Woolies organic free range chicken.
            I shop at Coles and get the Cleaver's brand grass fed beef and Lilydale brand chicken.

I personally emailed the companies and they have high standards from what they are explaining. The grass fed range is growing as well.

Comment

Where are you located Steven?
              I'm in Brisbane and have been looking at a few companies that deliver grasped and organic products.

x Claire x
              31 y/o
              4'10"
              88kg (on 23/9/13)
              86kg (on 08/10/13
              Practicing full primal

Comment

Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                You generally want to only avoid extra skin/fat on poorly reared animals.
                +1

If you have to rely on industrial animals then only go for the protein and add healthy fats.

Comment

If you're trying to lose fat, chicken without the skin is superior to chicken with the skin. The simplified explanation is you can't burn stored body fat until you're done burning through the dietary fat you've eaten, so skinless chicken breast is superior to skin-on chicken thigh for fat loss if you're eating the same quantity. But it isn't necessarily unhealthy to eat the skin, so if the joy of eating chicken skin outweighs the additional calories, go for it.
                  Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by wattfood View Post
                    Where are you located Steven?
                    I'm in Brisbane and have been looking at a few companies that deliver grasped and organic products.

x Claire x
                    31 y/o
                    4'10"
                    88kg (on 23/9/13)
                    86kg (on 08/10/13
                    Practicing full primal
                    I'm in Melbourne, I live near a 24 hour Coles which is big and they have a good selection of grass fed beef so I am lucky. Not sure about Brisbane whether they have Coles?

Comment

We have Coles but i have always been a woolworth kinda gal
                      ill have to check them out
                      there are a few websites around that offer a service

Buy Organic Meat Online Delivered to your Door
                      Organic Beef, Wholesale Meat | Kialla Queensland QLD
                      Eumundi Beef - grass fed naturally better

ive also been checking out this site a little

Paleo Australia: Eat Real Food - not empty fillers

Comment

I would sweat chicken too bad as long as the chicken is as natural as you can possibly get. The skin of the chicken does have some omega 6's in the skin, but supplementation of Omega 3's in the diet negates most issues. Cook the chicken thoroughly on the lowest temperature you can and you should be fine.
                        My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
                        Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Comment

Originally posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
                          I would sweat chicken too bad as long as the chicken is as natural as you can possibly get. The skin of the chicken does have some omega 6's in the skin, but supplementation of Omega 3's in the diet negates most issues. Cook the chicken thoroughly on the lowest temperature you can and you should be fine.
                          Supplemental omega 3...mmm, varnish pills. Avoid.
                          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Working...
                          X