Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staying PB / Paleo while snacking? Where is the line.... ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staying PB / Paleo while snacking? Where is the line.... ?

I don't make paleo desserts. I don't see the point when I can just eat real dessert: fruit, whipped coconut cream, sorbet, dark chocolate, jello, flan, choco pudding with gelatin. If I am feeling fancy I will make a gluten free cake like I did for my birthday.

I might make some pumpkin cheesecake with whipped coconut cream topping soon though for when my friends comes to visit me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-05-2013, 03:03 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Don't make the paleo treats a staple, but for special occasions that stuff is just fine.
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post

I might make some pumpkin cheesecake with whipped coconut cream topping soon though for when my friends comes to visit me.

How about making that for your friends in nj?

Comment

Originally posted by picklepete View Post
          I view a snack as a thumbs down review of the previous meal.
          This is an excellent way of putting it. It took me a while to let go of some of my old ideas about portion control and just eat enough at meals.

One of my objectives is to keep blood sugar/insulin as low as possible for as much of the day as possible. Snacking doesn't help with that.

I don't make paleo desserts. I don't see the point when I can just eat real dessert: fruit, whipped coconut cream, sorbet, dark chocolate, jello, flan, choco pudding with gelatin. If I am feeling fancy I will make a gluten free cake like I did for my birthday.
          +1
          There are so many desserts and savory party foods that are naturally grain free. IMO, the root/nut flour versions of grain foods are disappointing enough that I just don't bother any more. I will have cake or bread with wheat when I'm eating out now and then, though.
          50yo, 5'3"
          SW-195
          CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
          GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
            How about making that for your friends in nj?
            Come on down!!!!

------
            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

I need to send you John Thurston's (family friend) pumpkin mousse recipe. It's outlandish!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by LauraSB View Post
                +1
                There are so many desserts and savory party foods that are naturally grain free. IMO, the root/nut flour versions of grain foods are disappointing enough that I just don't bother any more. I will have cake or bread with wheat when I'm eating out now and then, though.
                We probably need 3 categories to distinguish:
                • paleo grain-free sugar-free recipes
                • classic homemade grain and sugar recipes
                • industrial non-perishable 40-ingredient nightmare

I understand indulgence but lining up at the airport Cinnabon might be a step too far depending on the body.
                37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

[/URL]
                  All of those ARE paleo desserts!
                  Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Working...
                  X