No announcement yet.

Toothpaste / Shampoo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Giovanni Tea tree Treat for shampoo maybe 2ce a week, the conditioner version once a week, and water the rest of the time.
    My toothpaste I still use Sensodyne, just 'cause I have cold sensitive teeth that haven't gotten better yet..
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

I brush with Tom's of Maine, whiten occassionally with a bit of baking soda & peroxide, use jojoba oil or coconut oil for moisturizer/lotion, & use Method's baby bubble bath for shampoo. The latter was actually purchased by mistake, but turned out to be exactly what my hair needed.
      And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
      Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        I use Giovanni Tea tree Treat for shampoo maybe 2ce a week, the conditioner version once a week, and water the rest of the time. ..

thats what i use,....couldnt remember the name. Giovanni... love it!
        Get on my Level
        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
          When money is better: save it. Save save save. Budget. Go all Dave Ramsey;p

K
          It's so funny how the longer I read the forums how much a lot of us have in common. It obviously takes a certain mindset to do any of this stuff. Yes, I'm a total Dave Ramsey fan and believer!
          Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
            When money is better: save it. Save save save. Budget. Go all Dave Ramsey;p

K
            This Sunday I will finish leading my 4th Class. Being debt free is very Primal. lol
            Primal Cyclist - No Brakes, No Gears, No Handlebars, One Wheel, No Problem

Comment

Originally posted by BugMan View Post
              This Sunday I will finish leading my 4th Class. Being debt free is very Primal. lol
              You are so right!

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

The only debt I have is student loans, the house, and my car. And I'm paying extra on all of those every month.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by AuH2Ogirl View Post
                  Uncle Harry's tooth powder
                  That sounds interesting, I don't remember seeing it at the Raley's though. I did pick up some Nature's Gate Creme de Anise toothpaste and a bar of All-One Hemp Lavender Pure-Castile soap from Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps (the hemp sold me.)

Anyway, thanks everyone for all the great ideas.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone here uses Eco-Dent tooth powder? That is what me and my fiancee use...at first I just made my own concoction with clay, bakingsoda, peppermint eo, and salt but he didn't like the taste of it and was really stuck on regular toothpaste. I figure that Eco-Dent is a good comprimise...the ingredients look pretty good!
                    My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
                    *hand-carved wood and bone jewelry*

Comment

Tooth powder: powdered cinnamon, frankincense, myrrh, and charcoal.

Hair: nothing most of the time, but
                      if greasy - baking soda (always follow with vinegar)
                      if dull looking - apple cider vinegar
                      if dry - avacado or coconut oil (just a little)

Comment

I recently started to brush my teeth with just water... I can actually hear a soothing squeekiness like sound when I brush them - a clean sound. I never noticed that with store bought toothpaste...

Does anyone else just use water? i would use coconut oil with banking soda but its always in the high 70's or 80 upstairs where I would store it so it just melts... would this be ok?
                        Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I use JR Liggetts natural bar shampoo, it rocks, doesn't strip the hair or scalp and is reasonably priced at approx. $4. It lasts about the same as a large bottle of shampoo. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

http://www.jrliggett.com/index.html
                          You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Originally posted by Dosenberry View Post
                            I recently started to brush my teeth with just water... I can actually hear a soothing squeekiness like sound when I brush them - a clean sound. I never noticed that with store bought toothpaste...

Does anyone else just use water? i would use coconut oil with banking soda but its always in the high 70's or 80 upstairs where I would store it so it just melts... would this be ok?
                            I brush w/ only water right now but I might experiment with baking soda and see how it goes. Have still been using mouthwash, though I'm gonna swap it for peroxide soon.

For the first time in my life I've gone 2 weeks without shampoo/conditioner and all systems are normal, very good even... makes me wonder how much of a waste of money its been and what other 'everyday items' are useless or even harmful.

Comment

Toothpaste: a bit of mint-flavored Dr. Bronner soap. (toothpaste or baking soda is too abrasive - read up on "toothbrush abrasion" for more info).

Shampoo: baking soda (1 tsp. dissolved in a cup of water), followed by apple cider vinegar (1 tsp. dissolved in a cup of water).

Comment

baking soda teeth baking soda hair coconut oil skin SIMPLIFY
                                Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Working...
                                X