Here is my dinner from last evening.
    BBQ chicken
    broccoli w/cheese topping
    olives
    cottage cheese
    avocado

Thanks!
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Looks like a great appetizer; what kind of feedback do you want?

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

The only critique I feel okay about giving is about the cheese: yellow cheese is not naturally colored, and pre-shredded is usually coated with crap to keep it from sticking to the other shreds.. I would try to find a pastured/aged/raw cheese and shred yourself! Other people can critique your nutrients and macros and sciencey stuff.

Comment

Chicken looks great! With the broccoli, did you steam it and throw the shredded cheese on top? You could try instead tossing in oil of your choice and salt, and oven roasting 400F for 30 minutes, put the cheese on during the last couple minutes so it melts. But the broccoli will get so crunchy and delicious in the oven, it would also be great without the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
          Looks like a great appetizer
          I was going to say it looks like a nice side salad. Where's the steak?
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

The same reservation as goes for the artificially colored cheese goes for cottage cheese. They are normally made with artificial goo to make them goey. Try finding the dry curd cottage cheese with the only ingredients listed being milk and bacteria. Or you can try goat cheese
            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
              Looks like a great appetizer; what kind of feedback do you want?

Sent via F-22 Raptor
              LOL - exactly what I was thinking. 1 pound is the amount of meat you should start with, not the weight of everything (including the plate)

To answer the question though, it looks pretty good. As Kwaggz and Leida said, change up the cheese(s) and you will make it a great meal.
              Last edited by IcarianVX; 10-03-2013, 08:04 AM.
              People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Is there a reason you're aiming for a certain weight for your food?
                Rebooted Body -- Ancestral Health + Modern Psychology | The Rebooted Body Podcast

Comment

Honestly, on these boards I've learned to be un-phased by the dietary restrictions... at a guess it's PHD?
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Needs something red/bright orange/purple on the plate. Don't forget your rainbow.

Comment

Needs moar pounds.

"The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

BBQ sauce is sugar. Investigate the Maillard Reaction. This is when sugar is used to make proteins brown and crusty. You can make sugary BBQ sauce and cook meat at 375F for 25 minutes or you can keep your blood sugar level up, maintain at 98.6F for 20 years and your arteries will be brown and crusty.

If you did not make the cottage cheese it has sugar.

I'm a pro-cheese paleo fan, but whatever cheese you put on broccoli, it's probably not good. Phthalic acid esters are used as plasticizers in consumer products. That cheese is plastic.

Maillard reaction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Levels of di-(2-ethylhexyl)phthala... [Food Addit Contam. 1994 May-Jun] - PubMed - NCBI
                        Last edited by Jimm; 10-03-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimm View Post
                          You can make sugary BBQ sauce and cook meat at 375F for 25 minutes or you can keep your blood sugar level up, maintain at 98.6F for 20 years and your arteries will be brown and crusty.
                          Lol! You're kidding, right? The Maillard reaction does not take place at body temperature. LOL! However, if you want to experiment with yourself, you can place your hand, palm down, on a hot grill for 15 minutes.

My journal

Comment

Originally posted by diene View Post
                            Lol! You're kidding, right? The Maillard reaction does not take place at body temperature. LOL! However, if you want to experiment with yourself, you can place your hand, palm down, on a hot grill for 15 minutes.
                            Yeah, either this is way over my head or it's some outrageous pseudoscience.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

It's pseudo science

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20957396

Role of the Maillard Reaction in Diabetes Mellitus and Diseases of Aging - Springer

I think Mark mentions this in his Joe Mercola interview.
                              Last edited by Jimm; 10-03-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X