Please critique my 1-pound dinner.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleo0731 View Post
    Chocotaco, those taters look awesome. Can't wait to scarf some up when I refeed.
    It's actually half white potatoes and half plantains. They were in the fridge for an hour so they're cold
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
      I see the OP's dinner and raise him mine.

Lol, we had similar dinners.

zcrUqe7.jpg

Though mine had more eggs and potatoes instead of salad, plaintains, meat and dairy. Mirin'

OP eat more meals like these two.
      Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
      https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
      MFP Food Diary:
      http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
      (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Originally posted by PBNewby View Post
        Here is my dinner from last evening.
        BBQ chicken
        broccoli w/cheese topping
        olives
        cottage cheese
        avocado

Thanks!
        I think it looks like the plate of a picky eater. Ditch the cheeses and create a dish out of the ingredients. Have fun with spices and increase the amount of vegetables on your plate. Roast that broccoli like someone mentioned to really get a punch of flavor and you won't need the cheese on top. Good basic ingredients you've got there but it needs more curb appeal. I guess I just love cooking so maybe that is not everyone's critique.
        sigpic
        Age 48
        Start date: 7-5-12
        5'3"
        121lbs
        GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
        Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

My wife is the medley creator, I am more of an engineering cook. I do things very specifically, not very creatively.
          Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
          Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
          "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
          "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
          "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

It's a great start. We can all be overly critical and that is not really helpful to you or your wife. Tell her she is on a great track.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Needs carbs.
              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by PBNewby View Post
                My wife is the medley creator, I am more of an engineering cook. I do things very specifically, not very creatively.
                All that matters is what works for you to stick to healthy eating long term. To be more helpful instead of asking you to be more creative, I would actually say change the fat from dairy fat to more avocado or incorporate coconut oil and ghee into the dish somehow (that is where the combination cooking comes in handy vs the individual ingredients on the plate). Invest in some red cabbage and turn the broccoli into a stir fry with some onion and bacon. REALLY good and easy to make and fiber/nutrient rich.
                sigpic
                Age 48
                Start date: 7-5-12
                5'3"
                121lbs
                GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
                Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

I'm intrigued by how cuisines combine or separate their foods. In Korea or Japan you get a half dozen plates with a focus on letting the flavor/texture of each have the spotlight for 3 bites. In other places you get a mountain of goulash or curry that's been simmering all day to form the right flavor compounds. In my own kitchen I really enjoy both!
                  37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Working...
                  X