Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah pork rinds are a go in my book!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

pork rinds or just a piece of plain chicken or fish are great salsa vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Bowa41 View Post
        Just found this recipe for Almond Flour Chips...The chips sure look passable.

http://www.barbellsandbacon.com/archives/294
        Wow.. those look great!! Perfect to satisfy those crunch cravings. Veggies and meat just don't cut it for me when it comes to eating dips. Thanks!

Comment

Corn is a grain - not Primal

Oil is omega 6 - highly inflammatory

To conclude, tortilla chips are not on the Primal Blueprint eating plan. If you are doing 80/20 then perhaps you can consider them in the 20%. But otherwise, in the interest of health, it's best to avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by omen
            The lime there isn't lime the citrus fruit, it's calcium hydroxide.

Calcium hydroxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's used in treating corn.
            Calcium hydroxide is quite often used in the food industry. But lime the citrus is quite often used to flavor corn. It is my guess that in the tortillas it is lime the citrus. Lime the rock derivative is usually listed as calcium hydroxide.
            MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

I am proud that I can go to a Mexican restaurant and only eat a few tortilla chips, or just pass.

Corn for tortillas and tortilla chips is processed the traditional way with lime. It makes the corn more digestible. IMHO, 20% if you can just eat a few. LOL.

I would rather save my 20% for other things, like the tortillas themselves.
              Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

By definition, it is from a grain and therefore not primal (and NOT good for you).
                Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

OK, tortillas and tortilla chips are 20% not primal. Organic, traditionally produced ones are far better than SAD. Do 100% if you want. I don't want. It's somewhere above 80% and less than 100% or not at all.
                  Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Lazy chip-eaters, sub in plantain chips instead.

Just as addicting but no grain and sometimes no bad oil.

You're welcome!

Comment

My specialty is home made blue corn tortillas. I fry them in coconut oil. Blue corn, water, salt. I gave them up for about 8 months while I was losing weight, but now indulge in them once or twice a week. That's my biggest source of grains, and worth it.

Comment

You can get organic tortilla chips at Costco as well...it is good to know there is some not GMO corn still out there.
                        I still won't eat them but still nice to know.
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Working...
                        X