Alcohol & Weightloss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol & Weightloss

I am someone who would love to have a glass or two - and I do mean 1 or 2, that's not code for 6 😄 - at night time while making dinner or unwinding out on my verandah with the other half.

I am also using PB to help me shed my last 20kg....

Is drinking alcohol going to compromise my weightloss efforts?

If I were to drink it would one of Australia's organic red Shiraz varieties.

Is every night too much? If so what would be acceptable,

Thanks!
    Claire

x Claire x
    31 y/o
    4'10"
    88kg (on 23/9/13)
    Practicing full primal

My 4 year N=1 doesn't look good for our side.

Comment

Pardon?

x Claire x
      31 y/o
      4'10"
      88kg (on 23/9/13)
      Practicing full primal

Comment

What's pb?

Comment

Originally posted by Muffa View Post
          What's pb?
          Peanut Butter

...or Primal Blueprint
          Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
          https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
          MFP Food Diary:
          http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
          (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Seriously peanut butter??

Comment

Hahah I wish I was scoffing down peanu butter !

It means primal blueprint.

Feedback fellow pb'ers?

x Claire x
              31 y/o
              4'10"
              88kg (on 23/9/13)
              Practicing full primal

Comment

When I drink I don't loss weight, I don't drink I loss weight. I drink every night, I gain weight. When I drink, I drink bourbon on the rocks or frozen vodka, so technically no carbs. If you are talking about wine with dinner, you might be ok, just track the calories as a control. Alcohol destroys willpower so hide the nuts.

Comment

I went easy on the booze while shedding the blubber back in the day. Once the lard is gone you can indulge however works for you I'd think.

Comment

It's fine if you:
                    • account for the energy (kcal)
                    • don't change your eating behavior when tipsy
                    37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

A little booze may help getting rid of body water - like a diuretic - and make you look leaner and less puffy! I like to take a whiskey or two before bedtime, even if I know that I will wake up for peeing in the middle of the night...
                      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I found personally that I couldn't loose my last 7 lbs of pesky weight until I quit drinking completely. I quit drinking in April 2013 and now am a steady 10 lbs lighter without any extra changes to my diet, or any extra increases in exercise. However, I do agree with other posts re: if you do drink, make sure you don't make poor food decisions while drinking. I, for one, could not moderate my drinking or food consumption when I was drinking, and eliminating the trigger (alcohol) worked beautifully for me.

My partner still drinks and I do understand the draw of hanging out on the veranda relaxing together, i just do that with water now

Comment

You should consider your alcohol as carbs because it follows a similar pathway in your body and you should consider it as calories since it has calories.

I was able to lose weight still drinking a couple glasses of wine each night. A while back I stopped doing it and I have to say that I just feel better. Not thinner because of it, just more healthy. I still indulge but not nearly as often.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by wattfood View Post
                            I am someone who would love to have a glass or two - and I do mean 1 or 2, that's not code for 6  - at night time while making dinner or unwinding out on my verandah with the other half.

I am also using PB to help me shed my last 20kg....

Is drinking alcohol going to compromise my weightloss efforts?

If I were to drink it would one of Australia's organic red Shiraz varieties.

Is every night too much? If so what would be acceptable,

Thanks!
                            Claire

x Claire x
                            31 y/o
                            4'10"
                            88kg (on 23/9/13)
                            Practicing full primal
                            It is obvious to me that the most stubborn weight will not come off unless the client gives up alcohol. These folks are eating well, training properly, but come the weekend (or in your case smaller amounts nightly) they mess it all up drinking just a little too much. You are talking about drinking 6-12 drinks/week which is quite a bit, especially if you have been trying to lose weight for any sustained period of time. If you are not training regularly there is probably no place in your diet for booze but this is not a permanent thing.

I believe drinking hurts the entire fat-loss approach by causing.

1)lethargy - we are shooting for a very high baseline when it comes to daily energy, booze does not help
                            2) slowing of metabolism
                            3) few extra sugar calories

If a person has struggled for a long time to lose bodyfat I believe they must give up drinking until they reach their body composition goals. At that point they can re-introduce alcohol and determine if they can drink it and remain lean. I've been watching a couple of folks struggle with this issue these past couple of months and can see how big of an obstacle this is!

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                              You should consider your alcohol as carbs because it follows a similar pathway in your body and you should consider it as calories since it has calories.
                              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                              X