Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg shells- tasty treat or crunchy killer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg shells- tasty treat or crunchy killer?

So I brought some hard boiled eggs to work for lunch... I did not peel them right after making (I know) and I got sick of fighting them so I just ate the shells. Much to my surprise, they were freaking awesome!!

Anything wrong with this? My thinking was the boiling water would kill any bad things on the shell.

Holy balls, stop reading this and go to the ER right this second! Don't drive yourself; call an ambulance!

Nah, you're fine.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

Are your testamentary documents up to date and properly notarized?

Just kidding. You ate the shells? You'll be fine. But it's still weird.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
        Holy balls, stop reading this and go to the ER right this second! Don't drive yourself; call an ambulance!

Nah, you're fine.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
        Dammit, you beat me by like a second!!!
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

...I might have to try this now... o_O
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Actually it is a great calcium source. It is normal to use ground eggshells in dog food. I use 1/2 tsp of ground eggshell per Lb of food. For me I think I will find tastier sources though. Plus I am allergic to eggs.
            Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
            Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
            Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
              ...I might have to try this now... o_O
              you'll never go back!

Comment

Just so you don't feel weird, i eat the shells too when i have a stubborn egg that wont peal. So far so good, haven't wound up in ER yet with a blockage!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

How exactly are they 'freakin awesome'? The taste, the crunch...?
                  Aren't they sharp, and uncomfortable to swallow?

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
                    How exactly are they 'freakin awesome'? The taste, the crunch...?
                    Aren't they sharp, and uncomfortable to swallow?

T.
                    OMG, I concur! Gross.. If I rip the egg apart (like theres less than 60% left) I'll just call it a wash and toss it in the garbage but I get REALLY angry..

Comment

Gross, sorry. If eat a price of shell it's all over for me. I wouldn't be able to eat an egg for quite awhile!!

Comment

Working...
                      X