Whole 30 October 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having another good W30 day.
    Enjoying sunshine and beautiful fall foliage.
    Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Yesterday

B: A few almonds

Rode my spin bike 45 min

L: A big salad and some ham

S: apple

D: Chicken breast and some raw veggies.

As for today....I got in a 3 mile run before breakfast. Small piece of ham after my run. Lunch was a sslad with a piece of chicken.

I am going to have a to have a tough time now because DH nought a huge bag of carmel popcorn. I love that stuff. He just bet me 5 dollar that I would have a piece from his bowl he just made for himself. Grrrr. And no I did not have a piece.

Comment

How is everyone doing on their October Whole 30? I'm on day 8 after a bump in the road. Had a great weekend and am being very compliant. I may try to do a bit fewer on the carbs, as I don't know if I'm seeing the weight loss I wanted. Maybe cut back a bit on the fruit and/or the sweet potatoes. We'll see.

Today I had: Eggs, and Tomatoes
        2 apples (not the best lunch, but I had a 4 hour drive)
        Roasted Turkey, sauerkraut and sweet potatoes

Walked 2 miles, but that was it, as my knee was killing me.

Onward and upward!

Comment

Day 10 for me on my 2nd W30. I have a lovely brisket braising in the oven for dinner. Will load it with vegis and have roasted asparagus with it.
          Had a big salad for lunch and broth with eggs for breakfast.
          Walked 4 miles, then another quick little 45 min hike in our local mountains. What a glorious fall day!

Best to all who are still out there in W30 land.

Comment

Hanging in there. Have some ribs in the oven. yummm

Comment

I'm on Day 40 of what may likely turn into a Whole60. Probably eating too much in the way of fruit (satsuma oranges are in season for me), but still feeling great. Don't really miss dairy all that much and coconut milk is cheaper than the heavy cream I bought. I finally feel fully recovered from having strep throat and a cold!

Though I did have a nightmare a while ago where I stuffed my face with something non-compliant and felt guilty when I woke up, hehe!
              "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                I'm on Day 40 of what may likely turn into a Whole60. Probably eating too much in the way of fruit (satsuma oranges are in season for me), but still feeling great. Don't really miss dairy all that much and coconut milk is cheaper than the heavy cream I bought. I finally feel fully recovered from having strep throat and a cold!

Though I did have a nightmare a while ago where I stuffed my face with something non-compliant and felt guilty when I woke up, hehe!
                Good job, Britt.
                I'm doing my second W30 for this year. Will be winding it down on Nov7. I also feel very good. I don't think I've lost too much weight this time around, but it will be what it will be. I do think I need to lean away a bit from the carbs to see a quicker weight loss, so when my mind is set, I usually have a few lower carb days. Fresh apples are in season here, and they are fabulous! I have to say that dairy was my greatest challenge.

Just finished a nice breakfast of eggs and brussels sprouts.

Have a great W30 day!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I've been reading you but I am not in the proper mindset to comply with Whole30 now. Another social weekend is ahead of me, and I've been reading rice and potatoes. If there is a thread for November, I hope to join it.

Comment

I've made a decision to "ride my own bike" as the Whole 9 people would say. I've had great success with W30 and I feel that it has really helped me deal with many of my food and health issues. Having said that, I am finding that 3 meals a day is just too much food for me. I'm really a 1-2 meal a day person.
                    So,,,,, since I'm half way through my second W30, I plan to continue with the food compliance aspect, but I'm more than likely going to drop my breakfast and then eat a small meal for lunch and then dinner.
                    So, I am going to consider myself W30 - kind of.

I'll be here to check in and get and give support, as I believe that the W30 form of primal is really good for dealing with food issues. I'm not ready to reintroduce anything yet, just want to cut back a bit on the food amounts. If it doesn't work well, I'll go back to the 3 meal a day template.

Any thoughts?

Comment

There are some days I don't get three meals in and I don't worry too much, Applegirl. As long as I eat when I -am- hungry, I feel like that's still compliant. I think for those who have eaten SAD and do Whole30, the three meals a day is meant to replace the constant grazing.

I've found going to W30 from being primal to be a little different. As long as you're getting enough protein in most days, I can't see why it wouldn't be a problem. Though they do note that not being hungry in the morning could be a sign of disrupted hormones, but hey, some folks just don't do breakfast.
                      "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                        There are some days I don't get three meals in and I don't worry too much, Applegirl. As long as I eat when I -am- hungry, I feel like that's still compliant. I think for those who have eaten SAD and do Whole30, the three meals a day is meant to replace the constant grazing.

I've found going to W30 from being primal to be a little different. As long as you're getting enough protein in most days, I can't see why it wouldn't be a problem. Though they do note that not being hungry in the morning could be a sign of disrupted hormones, but hey, some folks just don't do breakfast.
                        Hi Britt, Yes, I know that they link eating a breakfast with helping to deal with broken hormonal patterns, which is why I gave it the full 30 days of compliance and then began a second round. I agree with you on the protein, and I certainly agree with them on the food plate template, which is why I'm staying food compliant. I also agree that it is a bit different from regular primal. It keeps me a bit more focused and from going totally off-road. So I'll consider myself continuing with W30 and move forward. Thanks for your input.
                        Onward and Upward!

Comment

Had a great W30 day yesterday and am having another one today. Glad I've decided to drop breakfast, unless I'm hungry.

Lunch: Left over pork chop. beets with oil, vinegar and red onion, butternut squash (a bit high carb, but I love leftovers)
                          Dinner: Italian Sausage with sauce over roasted eggplant and large salad
                          Walked 4 miles, will grab a book before bedtime and turn off all screens.

I just noticed I'm 14 days from finishing my second W30. Will be interesting to see if there's a weight loss. I know I feel really good.

Have a great W30 day everyone!

Comment

Had a good W30 day.
                            No breakfast
                            Lunch at 1pm, roasted eggplant, cold chicken, apple
                            Dinner Grassfed Hamburger, steamed cauliflour, tossed salad, butternut squash
                            I didn't get in any exercise today - a bit of a drag, but it is what it is.

Have a great W30 day everyone!

Comment

I'm on day 23. Feel much better since I dropped breakfast - it was too much food.

Lunch - cold chicken leftovers, braised cabbage and an apple
                              Dinner - Grassfed steak, salad, butternut squash
                              Will spend the afternoon in the garden removing all the stuff that died from last night's frost - bummer - it happens every year, though.

Is anyone out there still? I will be winding up in a week, so instead of starting a November thread, I'll just post here for accountability and to note my final results.

Have a great W30 day to you all!

Comment

I'm still plugging along. Day 48 now. I'm leaning towards competing a Whole60, but I may go past that. I'm just not sure yet, since I feel so great and and seeing good fat loss (still 20 lbs overweight). We'll see!

Comment

Working...
                                X