Woman gaining body fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leida View Post
    If you are not opposed to salty tastes, try toasted seaweed. Another option is cocoa nibs. They are on the bitter side, and are much harder to overindulge in than the sweeter tasting nuts.
    Where do you get cocoa nibs?

Comment

IMO if you want to drop the vanity weight, you're going to have to cut your calories. As it is now, as others have noted, you look to be consuming a lot just in your breakfast. Normal primal works for those wanting to maintain a healthy weight. For those wanting to go that extra mile, you're going to have to tweak it.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Cutting out cardio may be acceptable for men and really slim ladies, but most females just have to keep it in the program, chronic or not. Just can't create enough fat burning stimulus without it particular in pear-shaped . That's my opinion, and yea, I understand that there is a lot of 'you don't need no cardio' going on, just lift heavy, but I think it's the case of 'one size doesn't fit all'

Extreme fullness is also a sign of caloric excess. If you like your food, you might want to throw in a couple of days a week with one meal, not changing the others, if you are able to fast, to see if that caloric reduction will help.
        1000% agree and I'm not pear shaped!

OP: You are not excited about jogging/biking probably because you don't have much energy from eating LC. I don't have advice for how you should eat but you should be 120 or less with what you are doing right now. I don't think VLC is good unless you have a ton of weight to lose. I learned the hard way. Have you had your thyroid checked?

Comment

Where do you get cocoa nibs?
          I get mine in a grocery chain store in the organic/health geeks section. I can't off hand remember the company, sorry, but they have tons of organic products, most of which I have never heard off before, but the usual stuff too, coconut sugar, chia, etc.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

It's hard to know what is going on without having a complete picture of your diet. Having said that, I think you're over training. Results are not in the exercising but in the recovery. It does not appear as though you are giving yourself enough time to fully recover from rather intense workouts. Usually weight gain despite a reasonable exercise routine means that there is a particular nutrient that is lacking in your diet. I'd probably recommend more natural sources of Omega 3 from food like fish and GRASS FED red meat. In addition, I would have more substantial amounts of fibrous, organic vegetables on a more regular basis as they are a great source of a multitude of different micronutrients. A lot of people tend to focus on calories when there is weight gain, which is possible, but starvation of a nutrient or hyperinsulinemic states (i.e. large carbohydrate intake) can stimulate fat production.

Comment

OP hardly touches carbs. She has also seen the fat increase after she cut back on the exercise.
              Last edited by Leida; 09-25-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

If you are not opposed to salty tastes, try toasted seaweed. Another option is cocoa nibs. They are on the bitter side, and are much harder to overindulge in than the sweeter tasting nuts.
                Dehydrated kale chips - sounds awful but is YUM!!
                I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Comment

Eat the equivalent of your dinner for each meal (meat, veggies, tea) and some sweet potato. Your dinner is real food and the rest is not really real food, more like processed food, sides and condiments.

Then instead of running every day, twice a week do all-out sprints, 20-30 seconds on, 2 minutes off. Keep up the bodyweight stuff and walk for pleasure.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Dehydrated kale chips - sounds awful but is YUM!!
                    -1 kale chips was the very first food we tried after we got the dehydrator, and, yeah, not a fan.

Comment

Thanks!
                      Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
                      Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
                      Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
                      Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
                      1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
                      GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                      CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
                      49 - 5'7.5"
                      Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

Mb

Comment

Dehydrated kale chips are gross, IMO. Oven baked are AWESOME though! If you hated kale chips because you tried dehydrated, give them another shot baked.

I will second the meat, veggies, and tea for all meals. Breakfast and lunch did not look very good to me either.
                          5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Comment

I think I like the salt in them and am prepared to ignore the actual texture. But then I like raw liver so maybe I am just odd like that ;-) I do actually like the flavour
                            I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Comment

It seems like your diet is pretty high in omega-6 fats as well.

Diets high in omega-6 have been shown to increase body fat, likely due to inflammation caused by the high levels of omega-6 found in nuts, seeds (tahini being sesame seeds), poultry, and pork.

Try to have the majority of your meat intake come in the form of ruminant meat (beef, lamb, goat, bison, venison, elk, etc.).
                              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
                              X