Hungry or craving?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hungry or craving?

Mark says regularly that it's best to eat when you are hungry.
    Living in Europe I don't think we ever really experienced hunger but I use to get the low blood sugar fever that makes it impossible for me to even think.

Now living Primal for about two weeks (80/20) I noticed that my sugar breakdowns aren't there anymore...

but now I'm asking myself constantly, is the empty feeling in my stomach hunger or cravings?

how do you feel the difference between hunger and cravings? Do I still need to wait until I'm shaky and weak...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

From my experience cravings come and go. Actual true hunger/starvation doesn't really go away - it lingers.

Comment

On low carb hunger will present itself more as a lethargy/exhaustion than as shakes/disorientation.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Get involved in something that consumes all your attention. If your hunger pains remain throughout that process, you're hungry. If they go away, it was just a craving.
        "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

When I was hungry, I wanted meat. If meat didn't sound good, it was a craving.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
            On low carb hunger will present itself more as a lethargy/exhaustion than as shakes/disorientation.
            I've never found that to be true. If I'm hungry, my belly is aching in a certain way along with an empty feeling. My stomach will growl sometimes. I'm not tired when I'm hungry unless I've been eating a lot of starches recently.
            Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              I've never found that to be true. If I'm hungry, my belly is aching in a certain way along with an empty feeling. My stomach will growl sometimes. I'm not tired when I'm hungry unless I've been eating a lot of starches recently.
              That's been my exact experience. I know for sure when I'm hungry because my stomach will have that empty feeling.
              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                I know for sure when I'm hungry because my stomach will have that empty feeling.
                Same with me. It's like when you wake up in the morning. (Except I'm not always hungry first thing)
                When I can't get full I generally feel like that's more a craving.

Comment

I know for me personally, it takes about three hours after a good meal to get cravings. I know its not true hunger and I can ignore it, it will go away in about 15 minutes. Must be how long it takes my body to process an insulin response I guess. Usually about 6 hours between meals is when I get hungry, it's just a different feeling that you'll have to learn and understand. Once you get to know the difference and get used to it, it's actually pretty easy to tell them apart.

Comment

I think figuring out when you are actually hungry is helped by the occasional fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X