No announcement yet.

Okay everyone relax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not good on dope. Especially modern dope. I let SO much into my mind.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Being in Colorado, I know tons of people who smoke. I don't, won't, never have. I don't really care if someone does.

I mean, I'm already super laid - back and eat a ton. I don't see the point.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

I haven't seen anyone's lives "ruined" by it... Except the ones who have used it for past the
        "Partying" years (and don't have chronic physical pain) use it as a crutch to destress and function in life.

I don't really have moral judgements against its usage, I think it should be legalized, but I will not date someone who regularly depends on it to function again. Traveling with the person was a nightmare bc he spent the entire trip either freaking out he didn't have any or trying to buy some.
        ------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

I haven't seen anyone's lives "ruined" by it... Except the ones who have used it for past the
          "Partying" years (and don't have chronic physical pain) use it as a crutch to destress and function in life.

I don't really have moral judgements against its usage, I think it should be legalized, but I will not date someone who regularly depends on it to function again. Traveling with the person was a nightmare bc he spent the entire trip either freaking out he didn't have any or trying to buy some.
          +1

Comment

I would suggest vaporizing it or cooking it into something to eat it -- which apparently gives the same highs, without ingesting smoke, which can harm the lungs.

personally, this is one of those things that I think should be legal.

Comment

Yeesh.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Cool thread, man. I mean I've smoked pot for 40+ years, man, and there are no side effects. My mom is cool - she lets me live in her basement. Carlos Castaneda is my god, man. Yeah, man, that's not really pot, but all drugs are cool, man. Even alcohol. I mean heck, for less than $10, a fifth of cheap vodka can take you to oblivion, man.

Just kidding. There is a time and place for oblivion. I'm not sure that it should be every day. But if it works for you, I'm like totally not judgey, man.

Has anyone seen my lighter?
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Regardless of how cool it is to be a pot smoker or if you use it for medicinal purposes, in my opinion inhaling smoke is just not the best health choice and would not be on my short list of Primal activities. It does slow down your reflexes, so thank you for using it at night after you are done with your responsibilities and for not driving your car.

I would disagree with anyone who says it has no negative effects. It is smoke. It is in your lungs. How can that be good? Can you buy organic marijuana? I'm serious. God knows the chemicals sprayed on it. Use a filtered water pipe.
                  sigpic
                  Age 48
                  Start date: 7-5-12
                  5'3"
                  121lbs
                  GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
                  Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Has anyone seen my lighter?
                    It's in the cabinet, next to the Cheetos. Wait, where did the Cheetos go? There was a whole bag!!!
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      Not my street, brah!
                      eBay

Comment

Originally posted by moluv View Post
                        eBay
                        Cool. Asking for a friend, of course.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Mostly it's a matter of avoiding the lifestyle. I see a lot of people get sucked into the "lifestyle" and by the time they are 40, they look like crap, feel depressed and have never really made anything of themselves. The word slacker comes to mind. I also see a lot of people who don't get caught up in that trap and end up fine.

I figure the one's that end up in the first category would have ended up there with or without pot. I mean, pot basically makes me overeat and fall asleep. It does that for a lot of people and using it regularly means you might wake up one day at 40 overweight on the couch wondering what happened to the past 20 years. Meanwhile, my neighbor smokes it and is super productive, gets high, puts in all new landscaping, makes some new art pieces and otherwise.

People swear up and down that it's not addictive, but like Turqoisue Passion pointed out, a lot of people who use it expend a lot of effort getting hold of it, and often can't enjoy things without it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I don't buy that "omg not addictive" crap. Whether it is physiological or psychological, it is still addiction. If you connect a substance with the quality of your life, you are addicted.

Recreational/social use of it is the same as recreational/social use of alcohol to me. I don't do either (yah I am straight-edged) but I don't mind it.
                            ------
                            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                              Mostly it's a matter of avoiding the lifestyle. I see a lot of people get sucked into the "lifestyle" and by the time they are 40, they look like crap, feel depressed and have never really made anything of themselves. The word slacker comes to mind. I also see a lot of people who don't get caught up in that trap and end up fine.

I figure the one's that end up in the first category would have ended up there with or without pot. I mean, pot basically makes me overeat and fall asleep. It does that for a lot of people and using it regularly means you might wake up one day at 40 overweight on the couch wondering what happened to the past 20 years. Meanwhile, my neighbor smokes it and is super productive, gets high, puts in all new landscaping, makes some new art pieces and otherwise.

People swear up and down that it's not addictive, but like Turqoisue Passion pointed out, a lot of people who use it expend a lot of effort getting hold of it, and often can't enjoy things without it.
                              Agreed. The issue around it is often the lifestyle that you become involved in. The places you go and the people you see in order to purchase pot are often not ideal / healthy environments to surround yourself with.

As far as it being addictive, I think there are some people who can smoke occasionally as a social thing or to relax.. (much like my glass of wine at the end of the day!) but that's not always the case. A lot of people will see pot as a way to escape and avoid the problems they see in their lives. The pot itself may not be addictive but the feeling of avoiding stress may be and that can quickly become a vicious cycle. I've certainly seen people become addicted to pot, but again, I'm not sure it's necessarily the actual drug but probably the feelings it can produce.

I think it really depends on you. For me, smoking pot just makes me want to sit around and eat crappy food. Not exactly ideal! If this isn't the case for you, and if you honestly feel that you're perfectly able to be productive and otherwise healthy in your life, then I see no reason that you smoking some pot should be any different than me having a nice drink (except maybe the smoke inhalation as others have mentioned). I just think you have to be a little cautious because it's not always easy to make a neutral observation of yourself and to be able to figure out when something you "want to do" becomes something you "need to do".

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post

Good points, Magnolia

The difference between those 2 types of habitual pot smokers, at least from my observation, is the ones that end up as "Slackers" are essentially self medicating to drown out issues they don't want to confront. They have a reason to want to check out - family, crappy job, crappy relationship or whatever. Pot becomes a coping mechanism to deal with it that while isn't as physiologically damaging as say alcohol or heroin will still keep you from motivating. Pot's worst attribute I believe is that it becomes a motivation sucker and all you wanna do is sit on the couch and eat dorritos.

I think there is a small subset of habitual pot users that use it to slow their minds down enough to actually be productive, otherwise it would always be racing.
                                Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

Working...
                                X