Stomach bug help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stomach bug help

So last Monday was my bday went out 4 dinner , everything great.
    Got home & needed bathroom ASAP .
    Woke up usual routine coffee gym but on way needed to stop go toilet very loose.
    Done workout felt fine, few more loose stools.
    Next 2 days same thing just done walking resting eating. But feel like crap, weak, cramps, tired , very loose watery stools, little feverish
    So it's gotta be a stomach bug virus ,

I still have it today. Just had some lunch of butter ham & eggs and toilet straight away .

I know vomiting / diarhoia are signs or the body trying to get rid of big but should I continue eating or just break for 24-36 hours . Even plain rice, mash potato , plain chicken still upsets me.

Any advise would be great

From London England UK

Stick with liquids until you can retain those. Water & broth. I'd try mashed banana and/or applesauce after that.

Also if you can get a hold of some oil of oregano, that is supposed to wipe bugs out really quickly.
    Depression Lies

Comment

I recently spoke with a doc about the old BRAT suggestion when you have a stomach bug, but she actually suggested eating what you feel like eating, but she also said bone broth is what she does.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ugh, I had it this week. I managed to clear it in about 36 hours. I fasted and drank lots of peppermint tea.

Comment

Really, that sounds more like food poisoning from a bacteria. One thing you can do it take beneficial bacteria to re-balance the system since the diarrhea sweeps out everything, god and bad. If it won't in a reasonable time, or you get a high fever, or you have blood or severe pain you should see a physician.

Diarrhea can also be self-perpetuating (once you have it, it causes enough irritation and disruption to the balance to just keep going) so a coating product like pepto-bismal can be necessary (this was new information to me- I thought just waiting it out was the answer).

I am limited in what antibiotics I can take, so I've been taking bacteria pills and such for about a month trying to get straight from an isssue after trying to wait it out for two weeks. :-/
          “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
          Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

So felt ok and had some dinner.
            Some veal liver & onions, handful of nuts and a banana.
            Felt fine 2 hours after so had 2 tbsp of macademia butter an apple & some steamed mackerel.

Middle of the night woke up and toilet time , stomach cramping making noises.

Should I just not eat for 24-48 hours ?
            See a doctor tomorrow as they could do stool test to see if its bacterial or viral?

From London England UK

Comment

I think it's different per person. My mom eats nothing for 24 hours and drink only tea after that it's gone. Me on the other hand need to eat through it. No matter how bad I feel I eat as much as I can.
              My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Ok yesterday , sticked with some butternut squash soup , stomach immediately didnt like that and came back up .
                So moved onto a chick broth , coconut water, plain chicken breast , basmati rice Cooke din chicken broth with ginger turmeric cinnamon,, 2 bananas.
                Feel much better this morning still pretty tired , have a headache but my first bowel movement of the day was an improvement was actually formed although pretty soft and weird light colour.

Should I continue with this kind of food today . I've got some chicken livers and beef liver in fridge.
                Would they be to heavy / strong just yet?

Just thinking eggs, more broth , rice again later

From London England UK

Comment

Ryan..eat what you want to eat.

Comment

I managed to clear it in about 36 hours. I fasted and drank lots of peppermint tea.

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                      Ryan..eat what you want to eat.

I agree. If you actually feel hungry, eat something. Usually when I have a bug, the thought of food nauseates me - it's when I feel hungry again that I know I'm getting better. Just remember to keep hydrated.

Get well soon!

T.

Comment

Thanks 4 thoughts & help.

Feel like I'm on way to normal !

It's the fact I'm not at work / gym and I don't have much to do so hence way I'm thinking about food so much.

Will go out 4 a walk with my dog for hour or 2 , watch some Spartacus have lunch, eggs & sardines & banana & maybe go cinema 'the call' with my chicken broth and come back walk dog again & mashed potato & chicken livers maybe bacon so how I feel & go bed early and see how I feel 4 gym 2moro

From London England UK

Comment

Added some bacon in my egg sardine omelette and immediately knew what wasn't a good idea!!
                          Jumping the gun. But sardines protein shake was fine . Chicken broth good & banana
                          Tonight fancy chicken liver with Mash potato got some Yukon gold to use and chicken livers & may purée some onion & garlic to make it easier 2 go down & sauté that 1st with turmeric ginger cinnamon chicken broth

From London England UK

Comment

Working...
                          X