Started Steak and Eggs today 9-20-13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started Steak and Eggs today 9-20-13

I started a steak (well ground beef) and eggs program today. I ate two meals consisting of 8oz of 85% grassfed ground beef and 3 free range eggs and 3 tablespoons of grassfed butter. I didn't think I was ever going to get hungry after meal #1, but finally after about 10 hours I was able to eat again. Let's see how this works.

SW: 230lbs
    Last edited by Paleo0731; 09-20-2013, 10:28 PM.

Originally posted by Paleo0731 View Post
    I started a steak (well ground beef) and eggs program today. I ate two meals consisting of 8oz of 85% grassfed ground beef and 3 free range eggs and 3 tablespoons of grassfed butter. I didn't think I was ever going to get hungry after meal #1, but finally after about 10 hours I was able to eat again. Let's see how this works.

SW: 230lbs
    Good luck!!! I did steak and eggs this summer and it was great. I broke up the monotony after a while with lamb, fattier cuts of beef, liver, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Thanks! I plan on adhering strictly to beef, but I will eat a variety of different cuts. My first meal was ground beef and my second was a beef roast. I read ground beef isn't ideal, but it is nice because its cheaper. Eating up to two pounds of grassfed steak everyday will make me go broke. The first two days I couldn't do any lifting because of my work schedule, but I plan on hitting it heavy tomarrow.

Comment

Give beef heart a try. I make it in the slow cooker, and it is amazing!

Comment

Thanks! I plan on adhering strictly to beef, but I will eat a variety of different cuts. My first meal was ground beef and my second was a beef roast. I read ground beef isn't ideal, but it is nice because its cheaper. Eating up to two pounds of grassfed steak everyday will make me go broke. The first two days I couldn't do any lifting because of my work schedule, but I plan on hitting it heavy tomarrow.
          Well. Red meat that is grassfed is all good, including lamb. grassfed liver is cheap and gives you a much more complete nutritional profile if you can tolerate it once or twice a week.

Neck or marrow bones sometimes come with copious amounts of meat on them and are charged as bones.
          ------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Gonna eat some liver too? I recommend it. If you truly can't stomach it, they sell a dessicated version in pill form.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Hey, did this before for a while, but moved on, however, last week I was abroac and decided to eat mainly steak out as I know its going to be the cleanest thing... mind you I have had wine too... but this week I'd like to go on as I am feeling good on steak. So will be doing this as well But I will eat all sort of meat and organs, not just beef, I will not do fish/seafood at the moment as I suspect a hestamine reaction.
              What about drinks? Are you having coffee/tea etc?

I am including green tea.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Gonna eat some liver too? I recommend it. If you truly can't stomach it, they sell a dessicated version in pill form.
                Yeah I'll choke some livers down. Not my favorite though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
                  Hey, did this before for a while, but moved on, however, last week I was abroac and decided to eat mainly steak out as I know its going to be the cleanest thing... mind you I have had wine too... but this week I'd like to go on as I am feeling good on steak. So will be doing this as well But I will eat all sort of meat and organs, not just beef, I will not do fish/seafood at the moment as I suspect a hestamine reaction.
                  What about drinks? Are you having coffee/tea etc?I am including green tea.

Just sticking to drinking alot of water. Good luck on starting back up.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post

I'm not always going to want to eat it though. How many liver pills should I take if I decide to do so?

Comment

I take 4 a day. But it really depends on what kind of pills you have.
                      What's the amount in each pill? What brand do you have?

Good luck with the steak and eggs! Awesome move!I personally feel that eating all meat is the cleanest way to eat. Takes some good discipline too and helps build good discipline too! (My pet research topic, haha).

It's worth taking the time to search around on the internet to find some easy, good ways to cook liver too. The way you cook the liver makes a HUGE difference in how palatable it is.

Keep us posted on how you're getting on

Comment

Originally posted by ConnorBryant View Post
                        I take 4 a day. But it really depends on what kind of pills you have.
                        What's the amount in each pill? What brand do you have?

Good luck with the steak and eggs! Awesome move!I personally feel that eating all meat is the cleanest way to eat. Takes some good discipline too and helps build good discipline too! (My pet research topic, haha).

It's worth taking the time to search around on the internet to find some easy, good ways to cook liver too. The way you cook the liver makes a HUGE difference in how palatable it is.

Keep us posted on how you're getting on
                        I've been feeling pretty good so far with the steak and eggs. Wednesday will be day #3 and I will carb up with my postworkout meal on Saturday. I eat twice a day. Each meal consists of 3/4lb of steak or ground beef, 3 eggs and 3 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil. I haven't bought liver pills yet, but I'd like to have some around when I really don't feel like eating liver, which is never. :b What kind do you take?
                        Last edited by Paleo0731; 09-24-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Hey, half way through my second week, its going well from appetite point of view, only I am feeling tiered when I try to walk up the stairs !

I think if you are eating eggs, and if you can handle raw egg yolks you will be OK as they have a lot of the vitamins we need, the butter has it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
                            Hey, half way through my second week, its going well from appetite point of view, only I am feeling tiered when I try to walk up the stairs !

I think if you are eating eggs, and if you can handle raw egg yolks you will be OK as they have a lot of the vitamins we need, the butter has it too.

Are you doing a high carb/low fat refeed postworkout once a week?
                            Last edited by Paleo0731; 09-25-2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Are you doing a high carb/low fat refeed postworkout once a week?
                              Nope, mainly cuz I don't really workout, I do a lot of walking, I do 3K uphill walk and about 3K regular walking most days. But I noticed I am struggling going up the stairs the last couple of days, but I've been there before and I know this will go away with adaptation, so will ease on the exercise/workouts if I were you until you get adapted. Not saying don't exercise, but take it a lot easier for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X