No announcement yet.

Started Steak and Eggs today 9-20-13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today I am feeling pretty good, had very fatty lamb and feeling so very satisfied. The butter in the coffee is really helping me not to feel hungry or crave anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeDub View Post
      This board is like one fad diet after another...
      Last time I checked grass-fed beef, liver and free range eggs are primal. Beef and eggs are two of the healthiest foods you can eat.

Comment

Ha! ignore the haters Paleo

Comment

Originally posted by Paleo0731 View Post
          Last time I checked grass-fed beef, liver and free range eggs are primal. Beef and eggs are two of the healthiest foods you can eat.
          Cows are a farm animal, beef is therefore not primal by definition.

However that's not the point - the point is this is yet another fad diet consisting of a ridiculously small variety of foods. It's no healthier than the Cabbage diet or the Grapefruit diet or any of the other food perversities that have inhabited the pages of Cosmopolitan magazine.

Comment

However that's not the point - the point is this is yet another fad diet consisting of a ridiculously small variety of foods. It's no healthier than the Cabbage diet or the Grapefruit diet or any of the other food perversities that have inhabited the pages of Cosmopolitan magazine.
            You obviously never did steak and eggs before. Because if you did I am pretty sure you wouldn't be knocking it. It may consist of the same two foods (three if you count butter), but its a combonation of foods that sheds bodyfat. And its far healthier and has more nutrients than the cabbage or grapefruit diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleo0731 View Post
              ...but its a combonation of foods that sheds bodyfat.
              My dinner tonight was granola drowned in chocolate milk - and I'm losing tons of weight - *ANY* combination of food will shed body fat if it is eaten at a caloric deficit.
              Last edited by DeeDub; 10-02-2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

My dinner tonight was granola drowned in chocolate milk - and I'm losing tons of weight - *ANY* diet will shed body fat if it is eaten at a caloric deficit.
                Any diet will LOSE WEIGHT.... with a caloric deficit. Not any diet will shed body fat. Big difference.

Your dinner sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                  Any diet will LOSE WEIGHT.... with a caloric deficit. Not any diet will shed body fat. Big difference.

Your dinner sucks.
                  Wham. lol. Love this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                  ------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Unless you are Mark Sisson posting under pseudonym, beef certainly is primal. Mark trademarked The Primal Blueprint, for which this is a support forum, therefore in the context of what is and isn't Primal here, it's basically whatever Mark days. The can choose to disagree with him of course, but it doesn't stop it from being so.

You could argue that beef shouldn't be classed as paleo, if you actually regard being paleo as trying to eat only foods that could have been eaten during the paleolithic, but that would be daft to day the least add virtually nothing available today would have been around then. Obviously we're not trying to live or eat exactly as early humans did or we wouldn't be posting on here from our electronic devices.
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                      The regular DEXA scans confirm I am losing fat, not lean mass.

Sorry, you're wrong again.

Your dinner sucks.
                      It was awesome, and I can smell the jealousy from here.

Think I'll go have a donut for dessert. I can post a picture if you like.
                      Last edited by DeeDub; 10-02-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

And how are granola, chocolate milk, and doughnuts primal?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                          And how are granola, chocolate milk, and doughnuts primal?!?
                          They are not farm animals. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            Bwahahaha
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

It was awesome, and I can smell the jealousy from here.
                              Jealous of what? That you are acting like a tool?

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                How did I not see that!?! Of course! Back on the list!

Comment

Working...
                                X