Gained 15 pounds in hospital in two days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gained 15 pounds in hospital in two days

Lots of IV into primal body. Can IV alone do this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Are you comparing results of weighing yourself at home versus the hospital scales? A 15lb difference sounds like a disagreement between the scales rather than a real change.

Comment

It seems bed rest can alter insulin sensitivity in that amount of time, which is your fat storage hormone, but if they loaded up your glycogen stores, It's just water. The best way to know would be if you had before/after readings from a bio-impedance scale or something.

Comment

Yes, the IV can do that. After my hysterectomy I looked absolutely ridiculous. Like a water balloon.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary View Post
          Are you comparing results of weighing yourself at home versus the hospital scales? A 15lb difference sounds like a disagreement between the scales rather than a real change.
          No. Same scales at home. Hit and run cycle accident broke right wrist and one cracked back rib

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
            Yes, the IV can do that. After my hysterectomy I looked absolutely ridiculous. Like a water balloon.
            I was just surprised that I gained so much in less than 40 hours. Must part of the healing process. I just wonder if this more related hitting my high fat metabolism with all that glucose.

Comment

no i really don't think it's medically or supernaturally possible to gain 15 lbs of fat in 2 days

water weight, yeah
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

Yes, definitely possible. I gained 12lb in 3 days, all fluid. I felt like Violet in Willie Wonka. Doc gave me diuretics, back to normal but blood pressure is still way up from it.
                I'd agree it was from the trauma and the fluids given. But you might want to get your blood pressure checked. Mine was almost double what is should be and my doc thought I was having a "cardiac event", but it was just the fluid.
                Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  no i really don't think it's medically or supernaturally possible to gain 15 lbs of fat in 2 days

water weight, yeah
                  Oh I though I read "2 weeks". Yeah, that would be some hardcore lipogenesis.

Comment

My wife noticed that my unbroken arm was really swollen and the supline cast on the other arm is really tight.

Comment

Sounds like water weight. Think about it - it's highly unlikely you've gained so many pounds of fat in two days. Don't worry, it won't last.

Comment

Originally posted by miata View Post
                        Hit and run cycle accident broke right wrist and one cracked back rib

Oooh that makes my blood boil. I used to bicycle commute to work and people driving cars are not only oblivious to cyclists but sometimes downright aggressive. Sorry that happened to you. I have no other input as I've never broken anything or been hospitalized.

Comment

It is physically impossible to gain that much real weight in such a short time. I am so sorry this happened to you, but step away from the scales.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I know the weight gain is temp. Weight gain is the least of my worries anyway. I was impressed with how the body can make such radical changes for recovery.

I also have to believe that having a lot more lat muscle around the ribs prevented me from having more broken.

I do have to wonder what Grok did for pain relief in these situations.

Comment

Yes, it the IV, you won't gain that much weight in two days with food... your just can't...
                              It's the first rule my doctor learned me, if you gain 5 or more pounds in a few days it's fluids because you can't gain that with eating...

To loose it... try to eat less salt for a week and veggies that helps your body to get rid of the fluids.
                              My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X