Recipes for Shark Meat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipes for Shark Meat

I need some good recipes for Shark Meat.

I am getting tired of wasting the whole fish just because those Japs will only buy the fin.

Thanks in advance.

we get smaller sharks here, such as rig, which i really like. i am not so very into the shark fin trade tho i have to say.

i pan fry rig in butter with some herb salt and mainly eat it like that. since it is a firm fish, i also make thai curries with it. so chop the fish up into cubes and fry it up with onions and garlic ( if you can be bothered to chop them up ), add in some thai curry paste. i find red works best. can of coconut milk. bit of fish sauce. random other seasonings such as grated fresh ginger, chopped fresh coriander. you can add in things like pineapple chunks or different veges like mushrooms too. i then eat it either as a soup or over steamed veges. you can just have it with rice but i dont like rice. you could also put shark in any recipe which calls for a firm white fleshed fish.

Comment

The term "jap" is very offensive and not even accurate in this case.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Shark meat is one of the few I avoid for its mercury:selenium ratios. Also, not a fish, but don't eat pilot whales. Like the Japanese do.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          The term "jap" is very offensive and not even accurate in this case.
          lol How come only white people are actually offended by this shit?

Don't eat shark
          Last edited by Derpamix; 09-20-2013, 06:02 PM.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

Derp, it's just so low rent to categorize an entire group of people with a racial slur. Sure free speech and all, but is it really so difficult to say something like "my Japanese customers" rather than "those Japs?"

If I were to say, well it's to be expected because the OP is Southern and all rednecks are stupid bigots, wouldn't that be offensive? (I don't feel that way, by the way, it's just an example.)
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              Derp, it's just so low rent to categorize an entire group of people with a racial slur. Sure free speech and all, but is it really so difficult to say something like "my Japanese customers" rather than "those Japs?"

If I were to say, well it's to be expected because the OP is Southern and all rednecks are stupid bigots, wouldn't that be offensive? (I don't feel that way, by the way, it's just an example.)
              Thing is, they're just words. It even makes sense as an abbreviation. Most Japanese people don't even know "Jap" is used as a derogatory term, pretty sure, seeing as how I talk to them frequently online due to the boards I visit.

The whole my feelings stuff has to stop, honestly. It'd be one thing if it weren't white people doing that the most due to some perceived fake privilege and needing something to feel guilty about to make themselves seem like better more sensitive people. Oh well, not really the topic for this, so
              Make America Great Again

Comment

If I had a shark I would just cut it up and fry it like everything else.

I also wish more people would make fun of white people. Sometimes I feel left out.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Here we call that "Flake", which is gummy shark.

Its eaten just like any white fish, pan fried in butter is lovely. Battered is great too.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                    If I had a shark I would just cut it up and fry it like everything else.

I also wish more people would make fun of white people. Sometimes I feel left out.
                    Mostly what I get is Bullshark down in the gulf. They are like a trash fish of sharks. They are mean as hell and will hit anything.

I just hate to throw them back in the gulf and watch them bleed out. Seems like a waste. But if they aren't safe to eat, oh well.

They will sometimes eat their own. Something will eat it I guess.

Say what you will about the Japs, but at least I can get something out of the sharks. Too bad they won't buy dolphin fins.

Comment

Shark meat is so not tasty. The fin is the only part worth eating.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

I remember eating thresher shark back in the 80s. It was one of the most delicious of all fish you could get. The best was to barbecue it.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Related to shark we make skate wings. We fry them in ghee, 3 minutes on each side. Then remove from pan and add caper juice and capers to the pan with a little more ghee. Cook sauce for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the sauce to skate and serve with collared greens (cooked with a splash of vinegar and mustard).

Should work for shark.

Comment

Cut shark into chunks. Marinate in Tamari, pineapple juice, oil and garlic. Thread onto metal skewers with Bell peppers, onion, pineapple, mushrooms. Throw on BBQ.

Comment

Cook it just like you would cook swordfish
                              "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

Working...
                              X