Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
    It's mostly fat and not much protein.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    That's not at ALL what is meant by "fatty acid profile."

    See my post above.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

    Comment


    • #17
      I think it has got quite a bit of omega-6.

      Comment


      • #18
        Those images of pigs in cages in that Jaminet article *sob* - utterly heart-breaking. How can people treat the animals they raise like that? Even setting the health argument aside, the welfare of the animals is a good enough reason imho to not be overly reliant on industrially raised pork/bacon.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by freerangepiglings View Post
          Those images of pigs in cages in that Jaminet article *sob* - utterly heart-breaking. How can people treat the animals they raise like that? Even setting the health argument aside, the welfare of the animals is a good enough reason imho to not be overly reliant on industrially raised pork/bacon.
          It's truly horrifying! It's cruel for animals and produces toxic, unhealthy meat...
          My bacon looks like this :-)

          pigs by Kasia Kite Babe, on Flickr
          I buy from organic farm that is run by my friends, so I also get to visit it from time to time and see how happy their animals are!

          Comment


          • #20
            I am hooked on dem pigs - eat it almost every day howver I buy the low sodium one from Costco - I prob should look for a better source

            haha

            Comment


            • #21
              Bacon the new health food.

              Comment


              • #22
                Kitekesia - I am jealous of your pig-keeping. Mr Pig & I used to have plans to keep pigs on his parens' small farm. I love pigs and I love their meat (and I don't see a contradiction there!) It all fell through. Your pig looks very happy indeed.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by freerangepiglings View Post
                  Kitekesia - I am jealous of your pig-keeping. Mr Pig & I used to have plans to keep pigs on his parens' small farm. I love pigs and I love their meat (and I don't see a contradiction there!) It all fell through. Your pig looks very happy indeed.
                  They aren't my pigs, they are pig I eat :-)
                  My friends have a great organic farm in Kerry...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Ah well - next best thing anyway!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      A Hogs Life | Chappapeela Farms - Almost too adorable and happy to eat. Almost.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                      B*tch-lite

                      Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Lucky me lots of wild pig in Florida!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I would say don't give up on getting affordable reponsibly reared bacon, esp if can buy in bulk - look for a provider that can do you an offer and create some freezer space for it. Thats what I do with most meats. I try to keep the mass produced meats to an absolute minimum because no-one in their right mind can support the way its produced.
                          Healthy is the new wealthy.

                          http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
                            Trader Joe's sells uncurred bacon pieces for 2.99 a lb. they are tasty.
                            +1

                            I buy 3-4 packs of it every week. With the amount of bacon and sardines that I consume on a weekly basis, I successfully freak out all my co-workers and relatives.

                            My goal is accomplished.
                            "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Bacon is a sometime food for me, mostly because I hate cooking it.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Good to know! I will look for this next time at TJ's
                                Originally posted by ilovesteak View Post
                                +1

                                I buy 3-4 packs of it every week. With the amount of bacon and sardines that I consume on a weekly basis, I successfully freak out all my co-workers and relatives.

                                My goal is accomplished.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X