Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much protein on average do you eat a day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KiteKasia View Post
    My respect ladies! What do you eat? Any chance you could share your typical day or even a week (food consumption)? I have no idea how to get more and I have to track my food otherwise my protein would be very low while carbs would go high...
    Hi--typical day? Well, work days are diff than days i'm at home, but here goes. I don't usually eat breakfast (I tend to eat dinner before 6 pm and am not hungry in the morning). I work out fasted (if i work out) and eat around 12ish.
    Lunch = a cucumber, a zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes (all raw), 8-16 of pork chops or beef steak
    I'll get hungry (usually) around 3 and will eat some leftovers from lunch (yes, my husband grills even MORE than that so i have a snack ready).
    Dinner = beef heart (often), tongue, or lamb again, depending--might be grilled, but often I've made some form of curry out of it in the slow cooker. I tend to get about another pound of meat, if not more. Veggies vary here, but might be some green stuff (chard or kale).

"dessert" when there is some (often...snicker...) is my homemade ice cream made from coconut milk, 4 egg yolks (i sometimes fry the whites up to have with lunch. for whatever reason eating the full egg makes me sick, but i can down the whiltes...), fruit of whatever is around mushed up with some alcohol (citrus vodka? rum? brandy?) since alcohol keeps it from hardening into concrete in the freezer. OR, i'll have made a coffee/chocolate gelatin jelloey thing that i'll have.

That tends to be about 150-180 grams of protein. It will be more on days i work because i have a 3 hour commute (i do twice a week) and i will eat chicken breast by the pound to stay alert and awake. Those days are much heavier protein...

Comment

120g, give or take 20g. I generally end up with a half pound meat at lunch, 3/4 lb meat at dinner, with a chance of a meaty breakfast.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

180g on average.
        On rest days 10% more protein

From London England UK

Comment

Being a 110-pound 5'5" male, I go for 60-75g daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            Huh, no, it's 8 packets and costs me like 3 dollars or less.
            Thanks. I'm going to order some Great Lakes. Looks like my stuff is pointless!

Comment

Originally posted by Zanna View Post
              I have the red can - don't know what that means
              Now I need to go see what the red can is.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                There's cow gelatin, pig gelatin, and hydrolyzed cow gelatin. I think the hydrolyzed dissolves in cold liquids?
                Yes, it mixes right into cold or hot liquids.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Yesterday my main sources of protein were a pound of chicken livers, 12 oz of squid, and a protein shake. A few grams from some cocoa powder and powdered goat milk. Cronometer sez: 167 grams of protein. And only 41 grams of carbs. Except that it's probably not a good idea to eat that much liver every day, I could eat like that often.

I think it's about meatcentricity <---- new word?
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I don't know gram-age.... But I do eat about a pound and a half to two pounds of animal protein a day.

Comment

Breaky - 1-2 eggs/2-3 bacon strips
                      Lunch - slices of roast beef/turkey/chicken/pork
                      Dinner -g fed beef - usually a steak like 6-16 oz cut or /pork/chicken/halibut/salmon

Comment

Working...
                      X