Need a tea that smells and tastes like autumn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a tea that smells and tastes like autumn

Hi, all! This question might fare better in the Recipes question, but I figure a lot of those frequenting the Nutrition section would also have some good suggestions. I'm looking for something light, aromatic, pumpkin-y, apple pie-esque...all paleo-friendly ingredients, of course! I'm indifferent to whether it's it's in the teabag or loose tea form; just no funky ingredients like soy lecithin. Thanks!

Cardamom Pu Erh, don't brew it super strong put honey and something creamy in it. Perfection.

Comment

My ex bought some Pumpkin flavored tea once. Maybe Stash was the brand, but I don't remember for sure. It was kinda bland, but definitely autumney. I'd bet there's apple cinnamon ones too.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Tazo Baked Cinnamon Apple tea. Enough said

Comment

I like to make my own "tea." Ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves (i.e. pumpkin spices) steeped in water makes a nice tea. I often just have that by itself. A higher percentage of cinnamon and cloves would make it more autumnal. You can add it to yerba mate or green tea to get a more "tea" taste. Add maple syrup or honey to make it even more decadent. Mmmm!

Comment

^ i second that, it'll be easier to buy your tea then add spices to your liking
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

Harney and Sons has one that I love. Cranberry Autumn Tea

They also have a wonderful cinnamon tea and a cranberry orange fruit tea that is decaf.

Comment

Good Earth original!
                37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

I've been drinking a lot of gynostemma tea lately.

I'm not sure how "fall"-like it is, but it tastes great. I use 175 degree water and you can steep as long as you want. It won't overstep. Ever. No need to add anything, it has sort of a sweet taste to it. They once investigated making it into an alternative sweetener.

It's also one of the most potent "adaptogenic" herbs known in the Chinese herbal pharmacopeia with over twice as many medicinal compounds in it "sapponens" specifically, than the infamous ginseng.
                  "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

chia tea
                    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                      chia tea
                      Do you mean chai tea? If so then....YES!! This is my favourite tea of all time! To make it autumnier, just add cinnamon and ginger.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
                        Do you mean chai tea? If so then....YES!! This is my favourite tea of all time! To make it autumnier, just add cinnamon and ginger.
                        Yup... (stupid keyboard...)
                        you can also use roobois (sp?) as the tea base instead of black tea (I mix my own)
                        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

My vote is for a good deep roast TGY.

M.

Comment

You can also make mulled apple-cranberry cider.... Or simply slice some sour apple into a mug of boiled water, let it sit to infuse the drink and top with a touch of cinnamon.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                              Harney and Sons has one that I love. Cranberry Autumn Tea

They also have a wonderful cinnamon tea and a cranberry orange fruit tea that is decaf.
                              I love cinnamon tea and garnet and sons brand so will have to check this out. As mentioned, there are lots of apple cinnamon ones that smell great but I'd rather have real tea.

Comment

Working...
                              X