Ray peat's explanation of gelatin and effect on lipolysis. Clarify please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    Which one are you knife, tell me you're the one on the white tee shirt, swoon! Lol
    Nope, he's the one heaving the large rock. I like how he shows up twice in the results!

And, yes, we find this terribly hilarious!

Knifegill wants you to know that, though he is so pale that he looks like he's wearing a white shirt, he isn't. He's just that pale, LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Betorq View Post
      Care to cite specific links or quotes of these "half truths or even lies" spread by sisson? Ya know, this being his forum and all...
      Originally posted by Zach View Post
      You know that whole carb curve and insidious fat gain thing...
      Well yeah, basically all the posts that insinuate carbs make you fat.

"Its not fat that gets stored as fat its sugar"

Even last week, like that fibre guest blog post. That was full of all sorts of gibberish.

Comment

Google imaging "YogaBare" is pretty interesting, as you might guess

http://pilatesscene.com/wp-content/u...oesoximage.png
        http://www.bareessentialsyoga.com/im...ivate_work.jpg

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        Carbs are great for most people.

My own IBS and resultant uveitis were just an unfortunate opportunity to show that starch is unnecessary for good health, not that they are harmful in and of themselves. Yeah, I'd like to be able to eat starch again, it's a lot cheaper than steak and eggs! And if you have a healthy gut, you lucky bastard, eat all the starch you like. I hope to restore my own gut health in the near future, so I can eat cheaper food like potatoes and not go blind.
        You do realise that Peat is not a proponent of starch, right? If you find him so hard to read you can listen to his anti-starch stance here (go to the 19 / 20 min mark): http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2...000fritalk.mp3

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        It's the weird pseudoscience that I can't get past. It's like he wrote his own book on biology out of thin air, and refers to it. It's almost like a Monty Python sketch, but then there's no punchline.
        Originally posted by Kikiperpie View Post
        Cheap sci-fi. Lol. I really did! Thank God it's not just me then reading everything twice and still scratching my head like Stan out of Laurel and Hardy.
        The problem with his articles is that he doesnt use enough paragraphs. Other than that... it's science! He doesnt have a team of prosaic ghost writers making blog posts for him and dumbing everything down. "Sugar burner", jeeze louise

Originally posted by moluv View Post
        I just googled imaged "ray peat" and look who showed up on the first page: KNIFEGILL

[/URL]
        BAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHa!!! Oh my days, that's literally the funniest thing I've seen on MDA! The irony. Knifegill, in his quest to undermine Ray Peat, becomes an inadvertent proponent of him

Guess we know who's side God is on

Edit: Looks like Harry Potter is on there too...
        Last edited by YogaBare; 09-15-2013, 07:46 AM.
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Not God, just Google! Lol!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

My journal

Comment

Originally posted by Kochin View Post
            Eat meat with the sinews and tendons still on and you don't have to worry about gelatine. I'd say chicken feet and skins do the best job, but just eating the 'trimmings' off a steak and drinking bone-broth could work just as well. You get all the biological benefits of gelatine from keratine and bone containing parts of animals. (The primary benefit is actually linked to tendon strengthening.) And eating tendons shouldn't have much of an effect on your weight either way. It's part of the whole package we were designed to consume.

No need to overcomplicate things.
            Yes, have a bowl of pho and be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by diene View Post

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
              There is sadly no difference anymore. Technology is sentient, and we're quickly becoming obsolete.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by diene View Post
                The Lord moves in mysterious ways...
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Aah, the advantages of having generic screen name All I see is grey colored felines.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                    Well yeah, basically all the posts that insinuate carbs make you fat.

"Its not fat that gets stored as fat its sugar"

Even last week, like that fibre guest blog post. That was full of all sorts of gibberish.
                    I think many of us agree that the carb curve chart and associated information in Mark's book ought to be revised and updated to reflect his own and our current consensus of primal carbs and resistant starches. I don't think that makes Mark a liar for past views/posts that are obsolete. The concept of the carb curve helped and continues to help a decent % of newbies as a starting point. And according to YogaBare's survey a few months ago, ~20% sampled still maintain around or even below 50g carbs/day on average.
                    Originally posted by purple579 View Post
                    Mark's chart helped me immeasurably when I first started Primal. It was one of the first things that "clicked". Realizing that they eat far too many carbs is a good first step for those on the SAD diet. Primal carbs are a different story, but it's a good starting point for someone just learning about this stuff.
                    The carb curve isn't perfect, nor does it apply to everyone all the time or some of the time. But, in my opinion & experience, it works for some practically & helps many others conceptually.
                    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Thats your opinion. My opinion is that the carb curve is a complete lie, fabricated as a fear mongering tactic to sell books and supplements. Whether he wrote those articles knowing the information was false, or was just blinded by the low carb dogma, it doesnt matter. He knows now that its untrues and yet shows no sign of updating his information. That shows deceit, and lack of respect for his readers.

Comment

Ray Peat would never be deceitful for money.
                        | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Comment

He knows now that its untrues and yet shows no sign of updating his information. That shows deceit, and lack of respect for his readers.
                          Yeah, this. People keep saying that Mark's carb curve is incorrect and he needs to update the book but... doesn't he have a daily blog? And didnt he just release a new book...? And, isnt there a movie coming out?

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                          Ray Peat would never be deceitful for money.
                          OOOOOOOH-oh - J3nn's in l-O_O-ve!

- Ray Peat

Comment

Thats your opinion. My opinion is that the carb curve is a complete lie.
                            My opinion is that the carve curb is opinion. I find it helpful for starting out. An update would be nice but that you don't like it or think it works for everyone does not make it a lie.

There is probably no single diet that works perfectly fit every single person.

Comment

Originally posted by lea View Post
                              My opinion is that the carve curb is opinion. I find it helpful for starting out. An update would be nice but that you don't like it or think it works for everyone does not make it a lie.

There is probably no single diet that works perfectly fit every single person.
                              The "carve curb" was stated as a fact, not opinion. And yes its completely false so that makes it a lie. I agree with your second sentance though but that is not what we are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                                OOOOOOOH-oh - J3nn's in l-O_O-ve!
                                Giggles.
                                | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X