Ray peat's explanation of gelatin and effect on lipolysis. Clarify please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moluv View Post
    I just googled imaged "ray peat" and look who showed up on the first page: KNIFEGILL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hmmmmm, are you anti Ray or anti Knifegill, I can't decide, lol
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
      Good lord..now this is yet another Peat vs VLC discussion? Please stop. We can all figure out what works for us without the fighting.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
      I can only apologise. I had no idea what I was getting into. A little information is a dangerous thing.
      I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by lea View Post
        The chef on some British show just used the gelatin i think to make a red wine fruit jelly thing so go for it! (British people seem to like things jellied).

Also now I'm thinking about the time my great aunt served chicken jello and everyone looked on with horror and retold the story for 30 years.

Haha. That sounds like a great story! Bleurgh! ,I feel I should jump in and say I am not British though. It's a google GPS glitch. I live in Ireland and kerrygold whooshes out when we turn on the taps. So no jellied eels for me thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kikiperpie View Post
          Hmmmmm, are you anti Ray or anti Knifegill, I can't decide, lol
          Neither, just found it ironic that Knifegill would show up on his google- and he himself will likely find it amusing. Everyone that has commented this far has done so jokingly and lightheartedly, even Knifegill with a classic and hilarious fanning of the flames.

I was actually using google image to bring up the Ray Peat as "mad scientist" as neck hammer called him but it was grainy. When I saw Knifegill instead that's just too funny not to share.

Comment

I just googled imaged "ray peat" and look who showed up on the first page: KNIFEGILL

Damn you Knife! Making ray ray look good

OMG... is that mat stone near the bottom of that image with his head shaved? Receding hairline and all
            Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-14-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I can only apologise. I had no idea what I was getting into. A little information is a dangerous thing.
              lmao.... I don't think its even become anything like that (yet). Mostly we can't argue against the gelatin. Its the least controversial of the Peat recs. So eat up. Its not going to impede weight loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                Damn you Knife! Making ray ray look good

OMG... is that mat stone near the bottom of that image with his head shaved? Receding hairline and all
                Which one are you knife, tell me you're the one on the white tee shirt, swoon! Lol

Comment

Which one are you knife, tell me you're the one on the white tee shirt, swoon! Lol
                  He's the shirtless one with a boulder on his head

Comment

Apology not needed. It is just how this forum rolls.

Comment

Meanwhile, I googled my own username and among other things found two pictures of Mr. Anthony doing handstands, various pictures from my journal (including a screenshot of arguing with oceangrl, oi, sorry about that) and this little gem from 2004 some photographer took of one of my first stencils back in my old street art days. I haven't seen any of that stuff in years.

Comment

Like Zach said you can have it with any liquids. I have been thinking of just taking a spoonful of it. Has anyone on this board consumed it this way? I normally at it to soups, stews, smoothies and of course coffee. I have the Great Lakes brand gelatin.
                        "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                          Apology not needed. It is just how this forum rolls.

Surely that's just how this forum trolls? Not wishing to make enemies but some member's vitriol precedes them. If you are vitriol free dear poster then obviously I don't mean you. It takes different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Hilarious! Its because he has Ray Peat in his sig so everytime he posts he is doing his part to further Rays google trend.

Also cool when i searched, a pic of David lynch from a post of Derps.

Neck, yea thats totally Stone. Dont know if his high everything diet is working exactly how he hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              the way for fat mass to be lost is through beta-oxidation to co2, if you oxidize more fatty acids than you take in, you lose fat. Lipolysis creates excessive NEFA by design, so it's not responsible for fat loss.

Ray is pointing out that gelatin can stop lipolysis from creating excessive NEFA
                              But surely the only way to lose fat is by burning the NEFA released by lipolysis. If eating gelatin inhibits this then it inhibits fat loss.

Not that I'm in any way against eating gelatin as part of a whole foods diet. Cooking lamb shanks for dinner tonight
                              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Meanwhile, I googled my own username and among other things found two pictures of Mr. Anthony doing handstands, various pictures from my journal (including a screenshot of arguing with oceangrl, oi, sorry about that) and this little gem from 2004 some photographer took of one of my first stencils back in my old street art days. I haven't seen any of that stuff in years.

Omg..off to google me now. No more arguing. Deal? I do find it funny that it will go down in Google history.

Comment

Working...
                                X