No announcement yet.

Ray peat's explanation of gelatin and effect on lipolysis. Clarify please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've come to realise that for me the only way I can use gelatin (at least the kind I have now) is in cold drinks. It doesn't entirely dissolve, but I can swallow it with the OJ or milk. In coffee, it melts, but only semi dissolves, and sticks to my teeth.

Comment

• Originally posted by secret agent girl
      Not intending to hijack, but what's wrong with the carb curve?
      As if it hasn't been hijacked already? :P

It's the idea that carbohydrate consumption is what drives obesity, and not a mixture of a caloric surplus and being sedentary.

Comment

I tried making some dishes with gelatin in them, but noticed it made me slightly naseous. Could it be the brand or type of gelatin?
        I had some gelatin in berocca yesterday and I was pretty nauseous but it went after half an hour or so. Thanks for the gelatin reference. It seems to have got....... Lost somehow.
        I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Euphoric View Post
          As if it hasn't been hijacked already? :P
          You don't say. Lol. Quite the show. Tres amusant.
          I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kikiperpie View Post
            I'm not exactly helping either, really. I'm sure I've been in a few of those tangents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balance View Post
              I actually did try it by the spoonful the other day and it wasn't pretty lol. The gelatin was sticking to my teeth and lips. It was pretty funny and I wish I did get video of it. Never again will I try that!
              Really cus when I tried it it worked perfectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kikiperpie View Post
                Moi?

**looks all around thread innocently**

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                  I made a turn when I got to my fridge and grabbed my bottle of homemade Kombucha instead. 1 TBS gelatin to maybe 6 ounces booch and I couldn't taste it at all. Success!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                  I have made kombucha jelly many times which everyone in my family loves. Just dissolve the gelatin in a bit of water and when it has cooled to a warmish temp add in the kombucha (so you don't kill it) and yummy jello is ready in the morning.
                  PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoMom View Post
                    I have made kombucha jelly many times which everyone in my family loves. Just dissolve the gelatin in a bit of water and when it has cooled to a warmish temp add in the kombucha (so you don't kill it) and yummy jello is ready in the morning.
                    I bought the great lakes green can so it doesn't jell. I am going to get the other one though so I will definitely try it. I just got some Chai spices to flavor my next batch of booch. I think chai jello sounds really good. I also like the idea of fresh OJ jello when the summer fruits disappear in Oregon.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post

Now this is the look I was trying to achieve. Am away to dunk my face in a bowl of the stuff now.

Comment

• Hmmm, sugar-lips seem to be a bit hotter or should I say sweeter, than lips drizzled with fat, but I guess that’s a subjective opinion only…
                        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                          Hmmm, sugar-lips seem to be a bit hotter or should I say sweeter, than lips drizzled with fat, but I guess thats a subjective opinion only
                          Guess you've never seen a good old fashioned olive oil wrestling match between two women

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                            Guess you've never seen a good old fashioned olive oil wrestling match between two women
                            I prefer to see them wrestle in ruby red jello, that's just my personal preference though...
                            Last edited by Gorbag; 09-18-2013, 10:44 AM.
                            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Confused. Are you saying that the curve claims carbs drive obesity and that's incorrect? Keeping caloric surplus and sedentariness the same, do carbs play a role in weight and/or health?
                              The carb curve claims that no matter what, high carbs = insidious weigh gain. Laughably incorrect.

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post

I think I got it down now and it worked perfectly for me too!

"If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Working...
                                X