Make your own electrolyte water? How?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your own electrolyte water? How?

I saw a recipe for electrolyte water, that included agave nectar as an ingredient. Wife says she read something saying agave nectar's not good for you. If so, what recipes have you guys seen for making your own electrolyte water???

Agave is a pure fructose bomb, so yeah, not too great.

And don't worry about electrolytes from your water anyhow. Just get plenty of magnesium, potassium, and sodium in your diet.

Oh, and maybe use some Dead Sea salts in your bath from time to time and try some magnesium oil on your skin. Transdermal electrolytes rock.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Agave is a pure fructose bomb, so yeah, not too great.

And don't worry about electrolytes from your water anyhow. Just get plenty of magnesium, potassium, and sodium in your diet.

Oh, and maybe use some Dead Sea salts in your bath from time to time and try some magnesium oil on your skin. Transdermal electrolytes rock.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Sources of magnesium, sodium, potassium?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
          Sources of magnesium, sodium, potassium?
          Food.

No, but seriously. Food.

Stick to whole, real, unprocessed foods like veggies, fruits, meats, eggs, and dairy (if you can tolerate it) and you'll do fine.

If you want transdermal electrolytes, I already listed two good sources. Oh, and Epsom salts in your bath too.

Comment

For sodium, just salt your food liberally. Preferably with a high-quality unrefined salt. For potassium, there's avocados and bananas, or you can buy lite salt to add to your water, which is 75/25 sodiumotassium. Nuts have a decent amount of magnesium, but it's one of the few supplements many of us take, especially forms that end in -ate, like citrate or glycinate. No need for sugar in an electrolyte drink, especially agave, which I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Coconut water has some sugar, but also electrolytes if that is what you need. Supplements also work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Oh, and eat your fermented foods liberally! Tons of salt in those typically.

Comment

OK...but what's your recipe for electrolyte water?

Comment

You don't need it. That's the point.

But if you think you do, drink the brine that comes with real, lacto-fermented veggies.

Instant electrolyte water.

Comment

water, a pinch of lite salt, a pinch of himalayan pink sea salt.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Explain "lite salt"...

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                          You don't need it. That's the point.

But if you think you do, drink the brine that comes with real, lacto-fermented veggies.

Instant electrolyte water.
                          Disagree...I think you do...especially if you drink enough plain filtered water to dilute the electrolyte balance in your body. Which I do, as a highly active person.

Comment

Disagree...I think you do...especially if you drink enough plain filtered water to dilute the electrolyte balance in your body. Which I do, as a highly active person.
                            Ah, nope. You don't.

If you do, there are not enough electrolytes in the food you're eating and the answer is to get more in the diet. Hence the fermented foods, drinking the brine from time to time, all seafood, magnesium and potassium rich veggies and fruits, and of course, transdermal through sea salt baths and magnesium citrate oil, etc.

If that doesn't supply a good amount on its own...

Comment

Explain "lite salt"...
                              Lite salt is salt they sell that's mostly KCl with about 25% NaCl. It's for people with hypertension and it's in the salt section of your grocery store. A lifetime supply costs about $1.79.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                              X