Things your butcher will give you for free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things your butcher will give you for free

Pork rinds for delicious homemade pork scratchings.
    Suet for rendering into cooking fat. Often comes with quite a bit of meat still attached, for a free meal.
    Bones for stock.

What else can you get for nothing?

I have to pay for all of those.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I've never gotten anything for free from the butcher. They make pet food and sell bone broth, so there is little waste for them.
      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

My regular butcher doesn't give anything for free, but we went to the farm to pick up our grass fed beef this past Saturday, and I asked for bones for broth. She gave me a 50lb box of frozen marrow and knuckle bones, as she didn't have any freezer space for it and said I was doing her a favor. My butcher charges $2 per lb. YIPPEE!!!!

Of course, my freezer is now packed.

Comment

Dog bones, marrow bones, chicken livers
          plus he usally throws in a couple packs of sausages or cheaper cuts of meat free(last time was sausages, mince and beef shoulder steak)
          Might have something to do with me spending £300 odd quid though lol

The Dairy farm i go to usally rounds my bill down -and often throws in stuff they have thats short dated.. Even got a whole rabbit a few weeks ago!
          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
          X