Peanut Butter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut Butter

Been doing Primal for several months, my only problem is peanut butter in protein shake. How much would once a day peanut butter screw up primal?

Also, I can't make my own at work, so I get it at the gym after my lunch time work out. Been working so well for 10 years that I don't want to screw with it and they won't let me bring in another "nut" butter.

The gym won't let you bring almond butter as opposed to peanut butter? What?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paint94979 View Post
      The gym won't let you bring almond butter as opposed to peanut butter? What?!!!
      I think he buys the protein shake at the gym. And they won't use outside items, (which is smart if you run a food business).

Just tell them to leave the peanut butter out, brah.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Comment

Make it at home the night before, refrigerate in a themos.

If I was using peanut butter, I'd buy the natural kind and let it settle until the oil floated to the top, a month or two. The pour off the oil and throw it away.

Comment

This reminds me of a question I have: Is natural peanut butter (made from peanuts and salt) really so bad if you're not allergic? I've given it up for the last few months but saw no noticeable benefit. Plus almond butter is 2x the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFatHobbit View Post
              This reminds me of a question I have: Is natural peanut butter (made from peanuts and salt) really so bad if you're not allergic? I've given it up for the last few months but saw no noticeable benefit. Plus almond butter is 2x the cost.
              Never bothered me.

Comment

I buy Smuckers Organic Natural. If you have control issues (just google "Peanut butter binge") then stay away from it. If you're afraid of or sensitive to legumes, avoid it. Otherwise just make sure you're not getting weird oils in there, and you're good.

Comment

Originally posted by Castle View Post
                  I buy Smuckers Organic Natural. If you have control issues (just google "Peanut butter binge") then stay away from it. If you're afraid of or sensitive to legumes, avoid it. Otherwise just make sure you're not getting weird oils in there, and you're good.
                  Same here, and a plus is that it's readily available.
                  Usually I dump mine into a mixing bowl, hit it with a hand mixer for minute to fully incorporate the natual oil with the clay-like butter, then put it back in its jar & into the fridge.

Aside from almond butter costing way more, I've yet to find one that tastes good to me, which is odd because I love almonds. Go figure.

Comment

80/20 - 'nuff said
                    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Comment

Peanuts are no worse for you than any other nut or seed -- almost all of them contain lectins, antinutrients, enzyme inhibitors, omega-6 fats (although some have more than others), etc. In moderate amounts, they shouldn't cause you any trouble. If you feel fine eating it, enjoy it in your smoothie and don't worry about it.

Comment

What's weird for me is that I used to eat TONS of peanut butter, and then totally stopped when I started eating primal/paleo, and haven't missed it. I probably still have half a jar in a cabinet that's like 1.5 years old at this point, now that I think about it. Should maybe clean out the pantry. It's weird to not have a craving for something that I used to love so much, but whatever.

Comment

I miss Jif. it was the only brand worth eating... And there is no way that is close to paleo with how much added bad oils and hfcs there is in a jar.
                          ------
                          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

I'm one of the few round here that doesn't geek about getting a bunch of their calories from seeds and nuts... I actually sit down with a jar of almond butter a couple times a week.

Comment

Yeah, but Neckhammer, at least your almond butter isn't infused with partially hydrogenated soybean oil. When I eat peanut butter for treats or swollertrophy, I buy the Skippy Natural. Ingredients are: Peanuts, sugar (a whopping 2g/serving), palm oil, salt. And no stirring. And it tastes like peanut butter.

But I think OP dude is buying shakes at his gym and they have their own peanut butter and that's the source of his concern.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                              X