No announcement yet.

Peanut Butter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up on natural-style peanut butter, peanuts and salt. The commercial kind, with added hydrogenated fat, corn syrup, and whatever else doesn't taste like peanut butter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
      I grew up on natural-style peanut butter, peanuts and salt. The commercial kind, with added hydrogenated fat, corn syrup, and whatever else doesn't taste like peanut butter to me.
      I grew up with the corn syrup stuff on Wonder bread, chased with Mountain Dew.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        Yeah, but Neckhammer, at least your almond butter isn't infused with partially hydrogenated soybean oil. When I eat peanut butter for treats or swollertrophy, I buy the Skippy Natural. Ingredients are: Peanuts, sugar (a whopping 2g/serving), palm oil, salt. And no stirring. And it tastes like peanut butter.

But I think OP dude is buying shakes at his gym and they have their own peanut butter and that's the source of his concern.
        Yup your right, I'm getting off topic again. The random stuff they throw in at your local globogym isn't likely to be the best quality stuff.

Comment

I still have it but only the stuff that lists one ingredient on the label....Peanuts.

Comment

Anyone ever tried pouring off all the peanut oil at the top of a new jar and replacing the lost oil with coconut oil ?

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
              Anyone ever tried pouring off all the peanut oil at the top of a new jar and replacing the lost oil with coconut oil ?
              Nah. I do use pb2 and reconstitute with coconut oil though.
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

I use both almond butter and peanut butter. I have never had any problem with it. Just make sure the one they use is natural peanut butter with no added ingredients.

Comment

Peanuts are legumes! Buy a big jar of coconut butter or macadamia butter and you will never miss PB again!

Comment

Originally posted by Meghanner View Post
                    Peanuts are legumes! Buy a big jar of coconut butter or macadamia butter and you will never miss PB again!
                    This is legit fap-worthy.

Seriously. This stuff on top of a baked sweet potato = unbelievable heavenly goodness.
                    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                    MFP Food Diary:
                    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Originally posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
                      This stuff on top of a baked sweet potato = unbelievable heavenly goodness.
                      Well that's a bug not leaving my head anytime soon
                      *adjusts grocery list*

For anyone who takes omega-6, immunoreactive proteins, or fungal toxin seriously there are some good reasons not to make (conventional US) peanuts a habit but the flavor makes them the one item on my red list with the most wiggle room.
                      37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Oh god. Coconut butter is quite literally the one food I have no control over. I used to have this routine where I'd buy a jar every week and eat in one sitting (not on purpose). Then I'd swear never to buy it again...until the grocery store visit the next week.

Coconut butter mashed into a baked acorn squash is heaven on earth.

Comment

Or coconut butter on sweet potato, broccoli or carrots... Natures naughty candy treat!

Comment

It's coconut crack. It's like coconut cream cheese frosting.

Damn you all. I picked up a jar today.

Comment

I have always wondered how coconut butter tasted. I see it all the time and never picked a jar up. Does it pretty much taste the same as coconut mana?
                              "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Coconut manna and butter are the same thing. Just different names for marketing.

Comment

Working...
                                X