Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just burnt my nutz! What do I do!

Rules to responding:

Must first make the joke that I have begged for.... Only then may you discuss my nuts.

So yeah, first time putting some raw ones in the oven to roast. Left a bit too long. Not obscenely so, but long enough to make them a bit more black than brown. Is the oxidized PUFAs gonna kill me? Ah well...

Get someone to blow on them, then share them with you
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

After the healthcare rules of ABC are met, I say drag your sorry nut burning ass up to the burn unit. Seriously though..I can't handle the taste of any burnt nut..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

My dinner of chicken soup with chicken necks now looks unappetizing.
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

shave off the black bits and season to taste

Comment

Originally posted by fitmom View Post
            Ouch.

Comment

Nothing good about black nuts.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the PUFA's, if they are burnt they taste nasty.

Don't you have some chicks you can give them to? That's what I do if that happens chez nous.

Am I the only one who is surprised that this was your first time for roasting nuts? I'm sorry your first time had to be a disappointment.
                BTW what kind of nuts were they?
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I tend to be able to smell rancid/oxidized PUFAs a mile away and I cannot STAND that smell. Kill you? Probably not this once. Heh. But that smell... Ugh.

Oh, and why would people insult your nuts? They don't need the help.
                  "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

No need to angrily throw your nuts against the wall.

Do they taste good? Put 'em in your mouth! Once in awhile is not a problem, you're just not supposed to make it a habit...

p.s. this is just the birth of a pleasant megathread. Is anybody able to NOT post in this thread? I can't imagine so.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Coconut oil. Have a nice looking young lady or two gently massage some coconut oil on to them...what PUFAs?

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                        Get someone to blow on them, then share them with you
                        Ah, it is always good practice to share your nuts.

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                        After the healthcare rules of ABC are met, I say drag your sorry nut burning ass up to the burn unit. Seriously though..I can't handle the taste of any burnt nut..

Heh, they were still edible. Well most of em.

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                        My dinner of chicken soup with chicken necks now looks unappetizing.
                        lol

Originally posted by fitmom View Post
                        When I was a younger man I would shave my nuts often. You do have to be careful not to actually lose any of the meat.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                        I wouldn't worry about the PUFA's, if they are burnt they taste nasty.

Don't you have some chicks you can give them to? That's what I do if that happens chez nous.

Am I the only one who is surprised that this was your first time for roasting nuts? I'm sorry your first time had to be a disappointment.
                        BTW what kind of nuts were they?
                        Well there is just one chick here that I could feed my nuts to

A mix of almond, cashew, and brazil nuts. We usually just eat em raw, but was giving the convection oven a go and didn't account for the 25 degree increase when using convection.

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                        I tend to be able to smell rancid/oxidized PUFAs a mile away and I cannot STAND that smell. Kill you? Probably not this once. Heh. But that smell... Ugh.

Oh, and why would people insult your nuts? They don't need the help.
                        Definitely not "rancid". I store my nuts in a cool place before use. I also prefer boxers.

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                        No need to angrily throw your nuts against the wall.

Do they taste good? Put 'em in your mouth! Once in awhile is not a problem, you're just not supposed to make it a habit...

p.s. this is just the birth of a pleasant megathread. Is anybody able to NOT post in this thread? I can't imagine so.
                        Don't tell my wife that.

Comment

I think most people prefer there mountain oysters just a wee bit crispy but its down to personal preference..

Which reminds me I have some in the freezer i need to do something with......
                          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                            Nothing good about black nuts.
                            Once you go black...

Comment

Originally posted by Castle View Post
                              Once you go black...
                              You never go back... home.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...