High carb primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High carb primal?

Neither salt nor butter have helped me regain my libido, what means that apparently I did something good when I was eating a typical "mediterranean" diet because my hormones seemed to work better.

I don't think this is a problem of micronutrients but rather of macronutrients, in particular the carbs. My logic is simple, as long as all the carbs come from fruit and honey... I won't be eating grains nor legumes... I'll be somehow able to keep the benefits of primal while enjoying a better hormonal balance.

Somewhere there's a flaw either with my logic or Mark's, anyway I'm going to try this just to see what happens, not having any libido seems way more dangerous than potentially gaining some pounds, and it's only an experiment anyway.

P.S: Honey is delicious! Wish I could eat it with eggs and butter!

Good plan!

Comment

How old are you?
      You say you are a highschool student, could be very young or not.
      Anyway, young male or older with no libido is very unhealthy IMO.
      Higher carb= great libido for me (but I'm female...).
      And eating more carbs does not mean you will gain weight.
      Let us know how you experiment goes!
      Paleo since April 2013 for health reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Bill
        Regain since doing what? Starting pb? Lowring carbs? what exactly was changed? How long has it been gone?
        Since I stopped eating grains and legumes in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterlily View Post
          How old are you?
          You say you are a highschool student, could be very young or not.
          Anyway, young male or older with no libido is very unhealthy IMO.
          Higher carb= great libido for me (but I'm female...).
          And eating more carbs does not mean you will gain weight.
          Let us know how you experiment goes!
          I'm 16 (almost), so yes, pretty young and still no libido, comfortable but extremely uncanny, well, at least now I don't have to pretend I'm not looking at the girls because I'm really not looking at them!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
            I'm 16 (almost), so yes, pretty young and still no libido, comfortable but extremely uncanny, well, at least now I don't have to pretend I'm not looking at the girls because I'm really not looking at them!
            What the fuck are you doing on a low carb diet?? This baffles me that teenagers would think dieting is cool or something. Est your face off and lift heavy things.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Bill
              Months ago or weeks ago?
              4 Months ago --> Struggling not to look at attractive women

3 Months ago --> Still struggling, goodbye grains! Goodbye cereals!

2 Months ago --> Libido dropped, still interested, goodbye dairy! Goodbye nuts!

1 Months ago --> Women? Who cares?

2 Weeks ago --> Still uninterested, goodbye tubers!

Now --> Almost asexual

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                What the fuck are you doing on a low carb diet?? This baffles me that teenagers would think dieting is cool or something. Est your face off and lift heavy things.
                I have a really really horrible IBS, I can't eat anything with complex carbs nor lactose, so...

Comment

I have a really really horrible IBS, I can't eat anything with complex carbs nor lactose, so...
                  Ok, legitimate.

Have you had it all your life?

Obviously you need to add carbs back in. Dod all thise diet changes have a positive effect on your IBS? Can you handle fruit and fruit juice? Rice?

Comment

Yeah, eat high carb. Also more animal fats. As many as possible. Boost your testosterone and your energy and your sex drive will be normal again.
                    --
                    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                    I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                      Ok, legitimate.

Have you had it all your life?

Obviously you need to add carbs back in. Dod all thise diet changes have a positive effect on your IBS? Can you handle fruit and fruit juice? Rice?
                      It started when I was 10-12 or so...

My IBS is now completely gone, that's why I'm never going to eat anything with complex carbs or lactose. As I've said I can generally handle (almost) any amount of fruit and honey, but rice is definitely a no.

Comment

Carbs baby carbs!
                        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
                          Carbs baby carbs!
                          ???

Comment

???
                            In other words..eat some carbs!! Can you eat sweet potatoes and regular potatoes with IBS?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I'd say eat whatever you got to to put some lead back in the pencil. If I had that problem and thought it would help I'd slam twinkies and main line some hot fudge. I do think you must have some deeper issues though. I mean, lets just say even a 3 day fast doesn't slow me down and I'm twice your age. But I might just be weird... fasting makes me randy. So yeah, eat whatever you got to in order to feel procreative again though.

Honey really shouldnt mess too much with your IBS (its part of the GAPS diet). So eat a ton of that if you want. Its all sugar in the end anyhow, so if you wanna up your carbs and cant go the starch route I'd make honey and molasses the order.

Just reread and see you like honey, eggs and butter..... SO PUT EM TOGEATHER! Egg pancakes (2 eggs and 1 bannana mashed, stirred, and fried in coconut oil or butter) topped with a bunch of honey is my six year olds favorite breakfast. Probably work for you too.
                              Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-06-2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X