High carb primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
    In other words..eat some carbs!! Can you eat sweet potatoes and regular potatoes with IBS?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope, I can't eat any kind of complex carbs...

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      I'd say eat whatever you got to to put some lead back in the pencil. If I had that problem and thought it would help I'd slam twinkies and main line some hot fudge. I do think you must have some deeper issues though. I mean, lets just say even a 3 day fast doesn't slow me down and I'm twice your age. But I might just be weird... fasting makes me randy. So yeah, eat whatever you got to in order to feel procreative again though.

Honey really shouldnt mess too much with your IBS (its part of the GAPS diet). So eat a ton of that if you want. Its all sugar in the end anyhow, so if you wanna up your carbs and cant go the starch route I'd make honey and molasses the order.

Just reread and see you like honey, eggs and butter..... SO PUT EM TOGEATHER! Egg pancakes (2 eggs and 1 bannana mashed, stirred, and fried in coconut oil or butter) topped with a bunch of honey is my six year olds favorite breakfast. Probably work for you too.
      OK, I'll eat a lot more of fruits and honey, let's see what happens. Speaking of mixing fats with sugar, really? Are you sure of that? What about insulin?

Comment

Originally posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
        OK, I'll eat a lot more of fruits and honey, let's see what happens. Speaking of mixing fats with sugar, really? Are you sure of that? What about insulin?
        I don't know. I'm really just telling you to eat. Usually this is a low calorie thing, or some other hormonal problem, but if carbs help you to eat more (which they do tend to do), then by God eat you some friggin carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          I don't know. I'm really just telling you to eat. Usually this is a low calorie thing, or some other hormonal problem, but if carbs help you to eat more (which they do tend to do), then by God eat you some friggin carbs.
          Well, the more carbs I eat the hungrier I am, I just ate too... much... meat... so I guess that it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
            Well, the more carbs I eat the hungrier I am
            As you should be, for a growing 16 year old young man. Carb it up for libido, and stop worrying about how much you're eating right now.

Comment

Miguel back on Aug 7th, you were asking about the same issues and were advised to stop caring and counting your macros and just eat. Eat what is good for IBS, but eat and stop counting things. That was the advice then and now.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

No honey with eggs??!! Try eggs, honey, and bacon.

Comment

I had banana pancakes with bacon and honey the other day. Was very nice :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300

Comment

Sugar, starch, salt, saturated fat. I recommend dairy, leaner red meats, egg yolks, potatoes, fruit and "safe" grains like white rice and hominy (clean corn tortillas, polenta). Lift heavy and eat more. Over the past couple weeks I've doubled my fruit intake and really only have eaten top round and chicken breast and I've dropped a lot of body fat while my gym gains have increased and my weight hasn't changed. Interesting to say the least.
                    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Testosterone is made from cholesterol. You can raise your cholesterol by damaging your arteries with excess insulin from carb binging or you can increase your weight lifting, saturated fat, and protein. If you read Dr Kruse you will learn all kinds of things about testosterone and HGH. Simple example, eating carbs before bed will suppress the release of both. How is your Sleep? Are you spending more time starring at LED screens, at night, maybe on this Site? Love MDA for the lifestyle, but it is not the place for complicated health issues. Messing around with macro nutrients, alone, will only get you so far. Some of the subtleties of primal, are more important than you think, such as no snacking, or reducing stress.
                      At your age, it is possible that your body down regulated testosterone to up regulate, some other body function. Isn't thinking about sex a pretty low priority, practically Speaking? Think long range survival. Think with the BIG HEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rx View Post
                        Testosterone is made from cholesterol. You can raise your cholesterol by damaging your arteries with excess insulin from carb binging or you can increase your weight lifting, saturated fat, and protein. If you read Dr Kruse you will learn all kinds of things about testosterone and HGH. Simple example, eating carbs before bed will suppress the release of both. How is your Sleep? Are you spending more time starring at LED screens, at night, maybe on this Site? Love MDA for the lifestyle, but it is not the place for complicated health issues. Messing around with macro nutrients, alone, will only get you so far. Some of the subtleties of primal, are more important than you think, such as no snacking, or reducing stress.
                        At your age, it is possible that your body down regulated testosterone to up regulate, some other body function. Isn't thinking about sex a pretty low priority, practically Speaking? Think long range survival. Think with the BIG HEAD.
                        God damn, JKIDF out in full force. Kruse is hardly the place for complicated health issues, and drinking your piss doesn't raise testosterone. Re HGH:

Gooren: The term MEDAN, multiple endocrine deficien- cies of the
                        ageing male, has been proposed be- cause there is also a decline in
                        growth hormone and adrenal androgens.
                        Morley: I think I agree with you. We found, and others including Schneider have found, that testosterone increases IGF-1 at the tissue level, which most probably
                        is better than growth hormone itself, studies on growth hormone have
                        been universally disappointing at this stage.
                        Gooren: And GH is dangerous.
                        Morley: Yes, even the central acting agents that stimulate
                        GH-secretion, which have been tested by drug companies in the US. The
                        outcomes have been terrible, I think growth hormone is not the an-
                        swer. The data published so far on DHEA, with the exception of the
                        high dose of 100 mg used by Yen in men, have not been overwhelmingly
                        promising. In a study with pregnenolone, we had to get high levels of
                        testosterone in males before we saw any positive effects.

Testosterone is synthesized from pregnenolone which is in turn synthesized from cholesterol. Testosterone levels depend on the turnover rate of cholesterol to pregnenolone. Vitamin A is needed for cholesterol turnover. Increasing cholesterol levels does not always lead to higher testosterone levels, except if you were cholesterol deficient to begin with.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

Dietary cholesterol has little impact on cholesterol, true?
                          | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Comment

Neat fact, kruse is a joke. Also sexual desire is a key aspect of optimal testosterone production. Testosterone is critical for longterm survival.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                              Dietary cholesterol has little impact on cholesterol, true?
                              Yeah. and lol @ testosterone being only for sexual drive. Testosterone is absolutely crucial for health and well-being. It just so happens that low libido is usually a sign that you're not well.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

OK, got the idea, note that my libido has improved slightly.

Comment

Working...
                                X