No announcement yet.

How many calories do YOU eat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet I'm still eating 3500kcal/day (calculated based on weighing my food, multiplying fat by 9 and carbs and protein by 4 and adding it all up; I'm keeping a log of what I'm doing this year) and maintaining when I used to maintain on 1500kcal/day. Not all of that can be down to a few hours of walking and a couple of weekly weight sessions.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Originally posted by little12 View Post
      LOL all you men. Not to generalize (but i'm going to anyway)...us females are sitting over here with the opposite problem!! I can't count how many times I've read female posts saying they have to eat like birds or starve themselves to see that # drop on the scale. It's crazy sometimes the drastic differences between men and women in terms of goals and how we get to them!
      Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
      I am female. I can cut a ton of calories and not lose, but I can also eat a ton and not gain. I think the body down and up regulates metabolism based on amount of food to an extent. I am not saying calories do not matter at all, but I don't believe a straight CICO-weightloss correlation.
      I always had a hard time losing weight or gaining weight, too (I say “had” because I’m pregnant for the first time, and I don’t know how that will affect my body). On a Primal diet of 2,200-2,400 calories (starting out at 1/3 carb, 1/3 fat, 1/3 protein and going to about 50% fat, 30% protein and 20%carb), I lost weight without wanting to. I went from 127 to 122 over the course of 3 years—all the while trying not to lose weight, lol! I worked in a preschool, so I was on my feet all day: walking, sprinting after kids, patting backs to put kids to sleep, picking up kids, etc. When I wasn’t working (i.e. Christmas vacation), I ate around 1,600-1,800 calories—sometimes less if I was really busy and didn’t care to take time to eat, lol. I’m 5’4” and 28 years old.

Comment

Working...
      X