Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone do a carb refeed once a week while doing low carb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do a carb refeed once a week while doing low carb?

I read the Rapid Fat Loss Protocol on the Bulletproof website, and Dave advises a once a week refeed to reset leptin levels. Does anyone do this while just following a normal primal or low carb way of eating while trying to lose weight? My day looks like this:

Bulletproof coffee (butter and MCT oil) for breakfast and lunch
    some type of meat (salmon, beef, chicken, fish) with healthy fat and possibly a veg for dinner
    plenty of water

If your day looks like this, do you take a day or two a week to eat some sweet potatoes and white rice? I don't really exercise and much as I'd like, but I could and have the means to go to the gym if I wanted to. Or body weight stuff. But I don't really exercise enough to make a huge caloric deficit anyways, so I figured my diet better be on point instead of worrying about burning calories. Just curious, I guess I could do without it, but I'd love to have a day of relaxing, but don't want to slip up and cause cravings or anything. Thanks for suggestions!

I'm an obesity III woman and I think the majority of women in my category require refeeds to successfully lose large amounts of weight. So, do I do it? Yes. do I think it is necessary for EVERYONE, no... You have to think about whether it makes sense for your situation and then experiment with how it works for you. And it's more than yes/no, it is how much, what, and how often.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Also, if you believe the leptin story (which I think is paranoid and over simplified, but the model works for me) you need to eat a high gram protein breakfast every day.
      “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
      Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Working...
      X