Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!: Caloric deficit impossible with this much fat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by moluv View Post
    It's not true for almost everyone, especially women! This has got to be the single most idiotic idea to come out of Paleo- that somehow changing the quality of your food or the ratios of your macros will result in an ideal weight with ZERO concern for calories. I don't buy it. That's fodder for a whole other CICO debate, but there is nothing that any study can tell me to the contrary that will explain why I have a box of several thousand dollars worth of clothing that I outgrew by disregarding calories. Shame on me for abandoning my own common sense and logic.
    It is true that many people who lower their carbs and increase their fat end up with sufficient appetite suppression that calorie counting is not necessary, and they lose weight apparently effortlessly. I am not one of those people, but they certainly are common.

    Comment


    • i take occasional breaks from this board to get away from the contentious behavior of so few who make it an unpleasant place. jeebus.

      i have been low-carb for 4 years now, primal for 2, and am very happy with both.

      obvz 3000 cals is simply too much food and if you're drinking oil? um, ew.

      set yourself a decent serving of protein for each meal. 4-6 oz. or 3-4 eggs. you can have plenty of vegetables on the plate too, with a pat of butter or what-have you. savor, don't smother.

      for now, if you feel hungry, eat a hard-boiled egg or a few bites of meat. your body has been badly nourished for a long time and is greedy for whole, healthy foods. if you don't want an egg, you're not actually hungry, so just drink water. start adding in superfoods like liver and oysters too.

      the blah feeling may very well be low-carb flu, so drink some broth with good salt, eat some avocado or at the very least take a magnesium/potassium supplement.

      good luck.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

      – Ernest Hemingway

      Comment


      • Or, you could just disregard any of the advice we gave you and do what Jared did with Subway sandwiches. Worked for him.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
          Or, you could just disregard any of the advice we gave you and do what Jared did with Subway sandwiches. Worked for him.
          He's fat again.



          That's what happens when you crash diet and don't support your metabolism, you balloon back up after you drop weight. I bet he was pissing all the time, and cold as ice.
          Make America Great Again

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            He's fat again.



            That's what happens when you crash diet and don't support your metabolism, you balloon back up after you drop weight. I bet he was pissing all the time, and cold as ice.
            Not to mention, he grew a mangina. Estogen dominance is a bitch.

            Comment


            • Am I still one of the few who believes that crashing and burning in ketosis is just as much an issue as crashing and burning on sugar and starches? If you can't digest or metabolize fats efficiently, you have just as much of an issue as someone who can't metabolize starches and sugars properly IMO. If you fall into either camp or (I hope not) both, you have some issues to address either way.

              Ketosis is not necessary for everyone, high carb is not necessary for everyone. In fact, for most, a more moderate approach is best for overall nutritional health. However, if you were forced to eat a diet of rice and fruit only, you should hopefully not go into a diabetic comma immediately. Same goes if all you had access to for a while was meat and eggs. You should not go into major hypoglycemic shock from an inability to process the fat and protein.

              Let's shake things up a bit, ya know? Keep all of our metabolic options open to us and not eat diets so restricted that when we're forced out of necessity, to eat another way, it destroys us.
              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

              Comment


              • No Drumroll, you must pick a side. It's either ketosis, high carb, or CICO. There can be only one true way to lose fat.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Zach View Post
                  Not to mention, he grew a mangina. Estogen dominance is a bitch.
                  Those titties
                  Make America Great Again

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                    No Drumroll, you must pick a side. It's either ketosis, high carb, or CICO. There can be only one true way to lose fat.
                    Aaaack, no! But mommy, I don't wanna!
                    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                      No Drumroll, you must pick a side. It's either ketosis, high carb, or CICO. There can be only one true way to lose fat.
                      That's what you'd think if you listened to people on this forum

                      This place actually infuriates me now... I haven't been, and will continue to not, spend much time here.
                      Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

                      Current PRs:
                      Bench: 45kg/99lb
                      Squat: 100kg/220lb
                      Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

                      My blog
                      My journal

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by nixxy View Post
                        That's what you'd think if you listened to people on this forum

                        This place actually infuriates me now... I haven't been, and will continue to not, spend much time here.
                        I think that for optimal health, we should be able to operate under either paradigm. If carbs give us blood sugar issues we see that as a problem that needs to be treated. On the other hand, if fats give us issues then in our infinite wisdom, we tend to write that off and just say, "oh, I can just eat carbs."

                        Wrong. Every single one of us alive needs some fat for optimal health and issues handling or processing it are as much a concern for health as issues with carbohydrates are.

                        If we notice problems being able to handle either, rather than avoiding it, by concentrating our diets on other nutrients, we should seek to address it. This goes the same for carbs, proteins, or fats.

                        Now, neurological disorders are a special case. That's not an inability to process certain nutrients but rather, a manifestation of bad symptoms upon doing so. So those sorting through these sorts of issues might get a pass on this in my book.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                          Am I still one of the few who believes that crashing and burning in ketosis is just as much an issue as crashing and burning on sugar and starches? If you can't digest or metabolize fats efficiently, you have just as much of an issue as someone who can't metabolize starches and sugars properly IMO. If you fall into either camp or (I hope not) both, you have some issues to address either way.

                          Ketosis is not necessary for everyone, high carb is not necessary for everyone. In fact, for most, a more moderate approach is best for overall nutritional health. However, if you were forced to eat a diet of rice and fruit only, you should hopefully not go into a diabetic comma immediately. Same goes if all you had access to for a while was meat and eggs. You should not go into major hypoglycemic shock from an inability to process the fat and protein.

                          Let's shake things up a bit, ya know? Keep all of our metabolic options open to us and not eat diets so restricted that when we're forced out of necessity, to eat another way, it destroys us.
                          These are excellent points. Personally, I have overlapping problems. I do have cyclical insulin resistance but I also have extreme difficulty with high dietary fat consumption. My digestion and hormones are in complete disarray and of course they affect each other. I believe addressing the underlying conditions is crucial. Managing symptoms is ok, but obviously it's more ideal to get to the root and cure. Everyone should be able to digest ALL real foods (with the exception of true allergens) and not have to avoid entire macros or suffer adverse side effects from stepping out of their comfort zone due to digestive distress. And that's what I would hope everyone's focus turns to: Nutrient-density and healing -- No offense to those with vanity weight issues, but some people have much more serious problems to correct first which does change the trajectory of the same goal. Calories matter, and yes, macros matter too. Protein is nonnegotiable, fats vs. carbs is.
                          | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

                          “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                            These are excellent points. Personally, I have overlapping problems. I do have cyclical insulin resistance but I also have extreme difficulty with high dietary fat consumption. My digestion and hormones are in complete disarray and of course they affect each other. I believe addressing the underlying conditions is crucial. Managing symptoms is ok, but obviously it's more ideal to get to the root and cure. Everyone should be able to digest ALL real foods (with the exception of true allergens) and not have to avoid entire macros or suffer adverse side effects from stepping out of their comfort zone due to digestive distress. And that's what I would hope everyone's focus turns to: Nutrient-density and healing -- No offense to those with vanity weight issues, but some people have much more serious problems to correct first which does change the trajectory of the same goal. Calories matter, and yes, macros matter too. Protein is nonnegotiable, fats vs. carbs is.
                            It's fine to have a dietary paradigm that you enjoy. If you're a fan of long-term ketosis, go for it! More power to ya, I say.

                            Same for the Peaters. If it's workin' then bang! There ya go!

                            But then, if for some reason, you have to change your diet up a little bit and are suddenly faced with major digestive stress, bad energy levels, pain, etc. you might want to look at addressing that. We should not imeadiately succumb or destroy ourselves the second we eat something not on our preferred path. We were designed to survive on a multitude of foods, not one single dietary plan.
                            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                              It's fine to have a dietary paradigm that you enjoy. If you're a fan of long-term ketosis, go for it! More power to ya, I say.

                              Same for the Peaters. If it's workin' then bang! There ya go!

                              But then, if for some reason, you have to change your diet up a little bit and are suddenly faced with major digestive stress, bad energy levels, pain, etc. you might want to look at addressing that. We should not imeadiately succumb or destroy ourselves the second we eat something not on our preferred path. We were designed to survive on a multitude of foods, not one single dietary plan.
                              Agree 100%!
                              | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

                              “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                I don't see how debates don't help someone. I only wish I had more of these debates to sift through when I was first starting out, but most of what I saw was "carbs make u fat mang gotta get that keto swag" "NO BRAH SQUATZ AND OATZ U NEED DAT COMPLEX CARB TO REFILL MUSCLE GLYCOGEN" "im bulking" "bro your a concentration camp survivor GOMAD starting strength" "we're all gonna make it brah"

                                These forums have dwindled down in healthy debate, which is why I posted an inflammatory response in the first place. I thank Neckhammer for debating with me before, we had some good times, and it made me look more into the science behind low carb.
                                Haha... NP, I greatly enjoy our debates

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X