Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent results!

How I did today:
    breakfast - a slice of head cheese (this cheese is legit for Whole30 so I won't take any flak from you ) with scallions, apple vinegar and black pepper
    lunch - yellow squash with a bit of bacon and smoked pork rind
    dinner - chicken leg with tomatoes, a few grapes

Movement - about 2 hours of walking

Leisure - since I didn't sleep well last night, I don't expect to read much
    Last edited by Farfalla; 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

CONGRATS APPLEGIRL!!

That is awesome. The benefits and well being is what I love most.

Hoping I get such great results too. I am 12 days in and feeling really good!

Congrats again!
      44 F 5'5
      SW 205.4
      CW 180.4
      GW 150

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

Farf - That all sounds yummy. You won't hear any more from us, I promise! LOL

Krist T - Day 12 is great. Any challenges for you?

Keep going!

I've got a big kettle of soup on for tonight made with Grassfed beef bone broth and grass fed beef and some venison, and loads of vegis.

I've got a friend who is doing her first Whole 30. She's on Day 7 or 8. She's doing well. I really hope she sees some significant results. It would really encourage her. Nice to have someone to compare notes with.

Keep going everyone!

Comment

Applegirl - No real challenges yet. So far just plugging along. Every now and then I come across a new recipe I want to try but it has some sort of dairy in it, so I have started a book with things to try later. I have also started a non dairy book of recipes, and I may just use those and skip the dairy all together. I have definitely learned I can live without it.

Good luck with your friend.

CONGRATS again!
          44 F 5'5
          SW 205.4
          CW 180.4
          GW 150

Comment

Today:
            breakfast: kuku sabzi (recipe here) with three eggs, scallions, parsley, dill, a few walnuts, cranberries and ghee + one endive
            lunch: roasted chicken breast with grated raw red beet, carrots, apples, seasoned with a bit of lemon, and iceberg salad with tomatoes
            snack: a few grapes
            dinner: smoked mackerel, one tomato

Leisure: about one hour of playing with the dog outdoors, another hour spent playing a board game, and one or two hours reading in the bed
            Last edited by Farfalla; 09-13-2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Farfalla View Post
              Today:
              breakfast: kuku sabzi (recipe here) with three eggs, scallions, parsley, dill, a few walnuts, cranberries and ghee + one endive
              lunch: roasted chicken breast with grated raw red beet, carrots, apples, seasoned with a bit of lemon, and iceberg salad with tomatoes
              snack: a few grapes
              dinner: smoked mackerel, one tomato

Leisure: about one hour of playing with the dog outdoors, another hour spent playing a board game, and one or two hours reading in the bed
              That sounds so yummy!

I had a great Whole 30 day, loads of great sunshine and fresh air to go along with it. We're off tomorrow to the mountains for a full day hike. It will be interesting to see if I have good energy levels. I am packing a nice lunch of grilled chicken with greens, and other vegis - some sweet potatoes and fruit will also be included. Hopefully they'll travel well in the backpacks.

I will also bring along some raisins, and I bought a couple of Lara bars as quick energy if needed (they are compliant). We'll have a nice breakfast of eggs and vegi omelette before we head out.

It's a 2 1/2 hr drive north and then 6-7hr hiking. Normally a hike that length wouldn't be a problem, and I'm not really anticipating an issue, I'm just curious, as we have some much longer ones coming up. It's all a big experiment, isn't it? I'll report in on Sunday morning.

How is everyone else doing? Any challenges? Any successes? I think every day of this is a success!

Comment

Today:

morning: some grapes and 1/4 of a bell pepper left over from yesterday, and nibbling when cooking (a spoon of minced pork, a small piece of red kuri squash - food we will eat tomorrow)
                lunch: a wonderfully fatty slice of pork stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon and leek; grated carrot as a side dish, iceberg salad with olive oil and balsamico; two plums and 1/4 of nectarine
                dinner: just two slices of bacon and a tomato; I am not really hungry EDIT: later I ate a few spoons of stewed pork

I slipped and ate a bit of chocolate but just because it was the Godiva brand - reputed as one of the best. Specifically, it was Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel, and it was truly delicious. Luckily, it didn't trigger any undesirable appetite.

Leisure: 2 hours of a board game, and a couple of minutes with the dog (it's rainy so outdoor activities are not tempting at all)
                Last edited by Farfalla; 09-15-2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Today:
                  breakfast: Brussels sprouts roasted with bacon + one fried egg
                  lunch: red kuri squash soup with scallions, eggplant stuffed with minced pork, iceberg salad with bell peppers, a bit of watermelon
                  dinner: one nectarine, one small banana

Leisure: 1 hour of walking and playing with the dog, one hour of a board game, and I think two hours of reading are realistic for tonight.

I should really cut down on fruit.

Comment

So glad to see everyone doing so well and really getting into it.

I am doing really good. Eating well and no cravings at all.

I was explaining to one of my daughters about how eating this way has not been a struggle. I not only don't have cravings, but I don't even want bread, sugar or anything I used to eat. I feel so good inside and out that I don't even want to eat other things. I feel so in control of myself and it is so very easy.

Today was sprints day. Took 2 daughters and their dogs to the soccer field. Took off my toe shoes and did my sprints. I ran through the wet grass barefoot and it was soooo fun! I had so much energy and felt like a little kid running around barefoot. I walked home with tears thinking about how good I feel and how I can do this for the rest of my life. Lots of gratitude here!!!

Hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the weekend. Think I am going to go for another walk in a few hours!
                    44 F 5'5
                    SW 205.4
                    CW 180.4
                    GW 150

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                      Completed my hike on Saturday. It was actually a climb, not a hike. My energy levels were fine, but the wear and tear on my joints and muscles was rough, and the recovery period has been long and unexpected. Regardless, the views were beautiful and I stayed Whole 30 compliant with little effort.

I'm going to start another batch of broth today, as I made soup and drank my last week's batch all up. Yummy.

Keep going, everyone!

Comment

Applegirl - Congrats on the hike! I am sure as your progress moves forward the joints will catch up and you will be stronger. What a fabulous way to spend the day and the views sound amazing. So glad you were able to stick to the whole30!!!

Today I got some frustration from hubby when I told him I won't be buying anymore crap. If he wants it he can get it himself. Not sure why he would get irritated with me. He is an adult and he can make his own choices. Whatever....I am not going to let his attitude toward what I am doing bring me down. Just wish he could feel how I do. What fun we could have doing all this together. I am hopeful that at some point he will make changes.....

It is raining today, but that is not going to stop me from getting my walking done. Warm clothes and a big umbrella works great. I will probably be going back to work next Monday, and I need to take advantage of the last week I have to keep moving and make good activity changes.

Go Primal!
                        44 F 5'5
                        SW 205.4
                        CW 180.4
                        GW 150

Comment

Just jumping in here, thrilled there is a live Whole30 group going. Started a week ago at which point all I really had to do on the dietary front was cut the dairy, booze and super dark chocolate (boo-hoo). It's been a breeze for me, thankfully, because I did not have far to go. Observations:

- I sleep soundly, deeply, a full 8 hours
                          - I feel more alert, sharp, no drowsy spells, much more energetic
                          - Most of all, I am a candidate for double hip replacement -- I have been walking with substantially reduced pain and more flexibility for longer strides the past few days.

It is still too early to come to conclusions (like "it's the dairy") but I am really encouraged and hopeful.

Comment

I'm on Day 29. I don't think I'll go off at 30 though. I am feeling great, could stand to lose a few more lbs and not missing too much. I had one time I ate off W30 and while it tasted good, I felt bad the next morning.
                            I'll post lbs lost, if any on Wednesday morning. Thanks for the posts it's great to read to keep me feeling motivated!

Comment

Today:
                              breakfast: kuku sabzi with an endive, tomatoes and bell pepper
                              lunch: squash soup, leftover stuffed eggplant with grated raw carrot, beet and apple
                              dinner: spicy pork stew with tomatoes and bell peppers, a few hazelnuts

Leisure:
                              one hour playing cards, one hour walking and playing with the dog, forecast: at least 2 hours of reading

Comment

mfultz - Yes, please let us know your results on the whole30! I am always curious how others are doing, and how they are feeling.

I am on day 15. Half way there and feeling really good. I plan to stick to it for 30 days, but then plan to reintroduce one dairy at a time for a week each and see how my body reacts. I am curious if I have any physical changes. I have 2 kids who have issues with dairy. Not sure if I will keep dairy though. I feel so good right now, that if I lose any of that feeling, I will def drop dairy like a bad habit!

Stay motivated! Go Primal!
                                44 F 5'5
                                SW 205.4
                                CW 180.4
                                GW 150

Comment

Working...
                                X