How many carbs a day do you have?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by btownshreds View Post
    I agree with that. I lifted some cement bags at work today and my heart went through the roof and I could barely breathe. Wtf?
    Welcome to the world of lifting weights without glucose. My favorite part (AKA least favorite part) is how seemingly every repetition makes lactic acid. Ugh God the things I used to do to my body...
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      Mine:

Breakfast: 2 eggs hardboiled, or fried in butter or coconut oil, coffee, oj; or side of fruit or milk with blackstrap molasses
      Snack: oj with 32oz of gelatin protein
      Lunch: Fruit, 32oz of milk or cottage cheese; or 3oz of gouda; or 8oz lamb; or beef bowl with rice and gluten free soy sauce; or 1lb of mixed fruit by itself
      Snack 2: oj with 32oz of gelatin protein
      Dinner: 8oz liver(1x every week or 2) or oxtail; or liverwurst(beef liver, kidney, heart), 4-8oz gouda, or reggiano on eggs, or by itself with fruit; or 1lb dates
      Snack 3 for bed time: milk with honey and 16oz of gelatin

I typically eat a lot when I remember to
      5% dietary fat my ass...that's like 30%.
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by tarek View Post
        Most take that as a general guideline that will produce weight loss and good health in most people. Different diets work for different people.

A lot of those here who eat high carb (myself included) don't have weight to lose. I am a thin, active 23-year-old male. I have the most energy and feel best when I include lots of carbohydrate in my diet. I've been eating a paleo-ish diet for about 3 years, and I've made small tweaks and adjustments according to how I feel and what I can afford. The general consensus on things like white rice, sprouted grains, refined sugar, etc. is that they make viable options if they're helping you reach your goals and you have no negative side effects.

But dude, if low carb is helping you lose weight or reach your goals, do it until it no longer works for you. That could be 3 months, a year, or three years from now, or it might work for you indefinitely. If and when it does stop working, make tweaks to your diet/lifestyle until you're satisfied.
        This is good advice. I am assuming your weight loss is stalled or reversing. Am I correct? Or are you still losing? In that case, don't fix what isn't broken.

Comment

I'm a 22 year old active male. Recently been eating over 300 carbs most days, coming from ripe fruits, potatoes, sweet potatoes, plantains, rice, milk, juice, and added sugar to my coffee. I certainly feel like I have a lot of energy and feel I can perform better athletically (running and lifting) for what I am putting into it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
            5% dietary fat my ass...that's like 30%.
            There are or's in there mang. Also, raw skim milk. Also, meant grams, not oz, I'm drinking German lager paleo gods gonna strike me down
            Last edited by Derpamix; 08-28-2013, 09:17 PM.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

I went from a ZC/VLC paleo style for months I was already 6ft 156lbs with nothing to lose but my lower belly fat which still hasn't gone away but it may never which I'm coming to terms with. During my stint as a ZC/VLC guy I had brutally long recovery times... Example being a hard workout last 5 days with severe muscle soreness. I simply added .5 lb of sweet potato with my usual post workout meal consisting of 1 cup kefir, 3 eggs scrambled in 1 tbsp of pastured butter and I instantly decreased muscle soreness to 1-2 days max if even any at all. I can now run so much harder and longer than before.

After receiving my latest blood panel and seeing my testosterone drop I have decided to bump my PWO sweet potato size to 1 lb. My only thought is that it still isn't enough carbs for my lifestyle I also work construction and I am never sedentary or relaxing. I think I want to try 100g on rest days and 150g on workout days mostly PWO. Any thoughts or advice?

Comment

175-225g per day coming from fruits, white rice, potatoes, plantains, Okinawan sweet potatoes (loving these right now), oj, and tons of carrots. On heavy workout days or when I play 2+ hours of full court basketball I will have 300+ grams of carbs.

I have been eating a whole foods paleo style diet for over 5 years and was consistently in the 100-150g of carbs per day camp. Not low carb for paleo/primal folks but definitely way too low carb for me and my activity level. I was always getting achy after workouts with tough recovery periods, and my hands and feet were always cold. My body personally needed more carbs. Adding more fruit, white rice and OJ definitely helped especially post workout.
                Last edited by Balance; 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM.
                "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

300g/day average here. 50-100g in fruits, 50g in sugary snacks like chocolate or sour gummies, and 50-150g of rice/yam/potato depending on if I am working out. I have found that the fruits balance out the heaviness of animal protein/fat, the starch helps in muscle recovery, and the snacks help my sanity.

For the record--I am losing weight with this many carbs. The main variable for me is sleep, which I don't get enough of often.

Occasionally I also consume oats, local corn, Asian beans, sweet potatoes, and lactose. And those horribly addicting Korean rice cakes.
                  Last edited by sakura_girl; 08-28-2013, 11:44 PM.
                  My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

I don't know. Probably somewhere North of 200?

I don't count carbs. Just make sure I'm getting enough fat and protein and just count cals from there. Easier.
                    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                    MFP Food Diary:
                    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Usually less than 50, occasionally more.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I'm guessing I eat more than 200.
                        Potatoes, dates, oatmeal, bananas, molasses, corn, corn wraps. And sometimes rice, spelt bread, lentils and orange juice.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                          They're nice guys. I'm an asshole. Ask around
                          Come sunset, do the other Vikings fight over you?

Comment

Training day 300g, rest day around 70g

White rice, potato, veggies, a little ice cream, even some Maltodextrin powder if I'm not feeling that hungry.
                            Last edited by thriveful; 08-29-2013, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Lately, I've been getting about 100g, all from fruit and vegetables. Come winter, I'll probably be in ketosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                                These high-carbers have failed to break their sugar addiction. They are not an inspiration, more like admitted failures. I've been Very low carb, high fat, high to moderate protein for over three years, feel awesome and maintain a healthy weight with good muscle mass. WITHOUT tons of carbohydrate of any kind. Just make sure you're getting enough calories and a good micronutrient balance and in a few weeks, you should be golden.
                                The failures are the ones populating low carb forums who say they can't eat an apple without ending up face down in a cheesecake. This is what happens when people try to bury their normal physiological needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X