Diet soda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet soda

So obviously not paleo / primal, but where does it fall on the scale of never consume to consume always?

I typically have a can of diet soda once or twice a day, is it something that is going to affect my weight loss or something that will really not make much of a difference?

Pretty solid on the never consume side.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

Never consume : )
      Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
      ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

I used to drink it a lot, but have basically cut it out. I would rather account for the calories and drink sugared soda.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Comment

When I stopped drinking diet soda, I stopped getting kidney stones. So I never consume. When my husband stopped drinking diet soda, he lost 10lbs with no other changes. We make our own seltzer at home which is a nice change from plain water without all the garbage in it.

Comment

It makes me feel hungry, perhaps because the fake sugar can fool your body into releasing insulin. So I use it to recover from binging, but I avoid it when I want to be in control of what I eat.
            In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
            Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

To actually answer the question, no, it won't affect weight loss.. Minimal calories, maybe some caffeine in it? Carbonated water may help fill stomach space making you feel fuller, but before people misinterpret this is an endorsement, it's not, just in terms of weight loss, it won't hurt.

Comment

It makes me puffy, as in whole body puffy. Then I am always more thirsty after drinking one. I like the taste, don't get me wrong, but diet soda just isn't a food in any sense of the word; it is a watery chemical concoction that everybody would be better off without. You could try to find awesome bottled waters. I never knew water could taste so good until I started puttering around with glass-bottled waters from single springs, like this Mountain Valley Spring Water - Premium Bottled Water Company which I get at a local health food store. I can also get a locally bottled maple water, which I don't like as much, but it feels very hydrating. My kids swear by coconut water.
                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Jenry Hennings View Post
                  To actually answer the question, no, it won't affect weight loss.. Minimal calories, maybe some caffeine in it? Carbonated water may help fill stomach space making you feel fuller, but before people misinterpret this is an endorsement, it's not, just in terms of weight loss, it won't hurt.
                  That is a statement that overreaches the facts. Based on the science, no one can say that it does or does not make people fat. We know that diet soda is associated with obesity. The question of why is open: is there something about diet soda that makes you fat? Or is it simply that obese people are more likely to reach for the diet soda in the desire to control their obesity?
                  In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
                  Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

It can perpetuate sugar addiction - with a vengeance.

Question is, why do you feel the need to drink it?

Comment

I did the diet soda thing when I first started eating healthier, but it never satisfied my thirst and made we want regular soda. So I cut it out completely. I stick to water, coffee and tea.

Comment

never consume. i'll occasionally mix real soda (ginger ale/ginger beer) with some vodka to sip on. I would much rather have the sugar in a real soda than the chemical cocktail in a diet one

Comment

Never consume. It's not natural, there are no healthy side effects that come from drinking a soda, they're just "empty" calories, it's SUPER processed.... It basically goes against everything that the Primal Blueprint is for. Cut it out and you'll be much better for it

Comment

I do half and half water kefir with club-soda and it totally took me off wanting diet soda. And, yeah, before that I had a hard time going through the day without a can.

I also cut out coffee and tea, and I actually feel better (who would have thought). All that water actually hydrates me now, not just stresses my bladder. I think.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

some people say it'll give you cancer, some people say it's fine to drink

i, personally, don't think 1-2 a day will kill you, but i also, personally, think that if it's becoming a crutch then to cut it out for a while

my crutch is called diet dr pepper. i enjoy the caffeine.
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X