No announcement yet.

Survival Week /7/20/09 - Are you ready?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survival Week /7/20/09 - Are you ready?

Are you ready for another survival week?

Things aren't looking so good for Grok. Maybe there's a draught and foraging just isn't working out. Hunting may be sparse. Can you survive?

Guidelines:

1) No alcohol, dairy, chocolate (or whatever your vice is.)

2) Carbs below 50.

3) IF one meal per day.

4) Use only what you already have in your kitchen. No new groceries.

How many can you follow? Can you take them all on at the same time? Can you survive? Hehehe...

Good luck!

Sounds like fun! Is tomorrow going to be the first day?

Comment

Yupper! It's tough sometimes, but totally worth it by Saturday.

Comment

I'd love to do this but seriously, no dairy?

Comment

If you choose. Not everybody can do all the guidelines, but it's worth a shot, no? Grok didn't need dairy.

Comment

Comment

Noooo not up to it this week!

Think it must be the stormy weather, want to eat fat and lots of it!

Good luck everyone.

Comment

Started out great with some heavy lifting and a big breakfast, but I'm STARVING already, and I didn't bring much for lunch. I've gotta check in on my sister's cats while she's on vacation, so maybe if I just hang at her house I won't be tempted to break my IF.

Comment

Okay I am in for this time around. I realize I eat copious amounts of dairy and I would like to see what it does to my blood sugar if I cut it out. I am already realizing today how much I rely on it. Reaching for the cheese for my eggs, reaching for the milk, etc. It will be interesting.

I can't IF because I'm on diabetes medication. Hope that is okay...

Comment

I had eggs and canadian bacon fried in coconut oil for breakfast- with salsa.

Are you off work today, Diana?

Comment

Of course it's ok. Cutting out dairy is as huge as IFing. Breakfast sounds delicious! I'm totally trying that bacon/coconut oil thing.

Nope. Working, but goofing off- lol.

Comment

Decisions, decisions.

I had 3 eggs scrambled with spinach for breakfast, topped with buffalo chicken wing sauce. I've been eating it on everything lately.

Lunch was some "Survivor Soup." Some of the pork I've been eating for a week and a half. Smoked pork in bone broth, with onoins and mushrooms. I also had a boiled egg.

Problem. I was supposed to IF for dinner, BUT... I was asked out on an impromptu date at my favorite pizza place. That's just asking for trouble! I can't very well go on a first date with a guy (and I already accepted since I couldn't think of an alternative), and not eat. So... I'm thinking I might be safe with antipasto? The only thing is it has swiss cheese. I could pick it out. I really want to IF, so maybe I'll pull a double IF tomorrow.

Comment

Do they have a salad bar? Or do the antipasto and double IF tomorrow. Sounds workable to me.

Had sausage and sauerkraut for lunch. I think I'm on track for about 35-40 carbs today. Will plug it all into fitday when I'm done eating for the day to see what the totals are.

Comment

I went with the antipasto and it was HUGE. Totally awesome. Mostly meat and olives, so I think I'm pretty safe for the day on carbs. Double IF tomorrow. It's gonna be rough.

Sauerkraut is so good. Gonna have to get me some.

Comment

Cool, sounds like you did great!

I finished the day with strawberries, almonds, salmon, cauliflower, and cod liver oil.

Carbs came out to be 38 or 14%, fat was at 61%, and protein 25%.

Was gonna start a new round of P90X but wasn't feeling it. Got outside and enjoyed a 40 minute walk instead.

I feel good. Blood sugar was stable all day, no cravings or low energy.

Comment

Working...
                              X