!@I)@!$# Ruined my IF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !@I)@!$# Ruined my IF

Need to vent... I was IFing for the first time, 2 hours from being done. It has been really tough for me, but I was going to make it. Walking through the building and here sits what looks like a water dispenser. Absentmindedly, I fill up a cup and take a gulp. Full of the sweetest most sugary freaking lemonade I have ever tasted. My day is ruined. I hate society and its norms.

Damn I would have been really pissed too.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Don't beat yourself up over that. IFing gets a hell of a lot easier too once you get used it.
      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Haha it's ok. I'm pretty sure that amount wouldn't make your fast break. Go with the 16/8 fast at first... it's easier to get used to and gradually you can increase...

Comment

good info,Go with the 16/8 fast at first... it's easier to get used to and gradually you can increase.thank you

Comment

Don't stress the little stuff, IFing isn't just about clocking hours, it's about making a commitment to health. Yesterday I planned on fasting till 2:00, but at 10:00 I started getting stomach cramps, so I ate a handful of nuts, and guess what, I'm still healthy! Just try again tomorrow

Comment

Y'all know that was over two and a half years ago, right?
              http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Long Fast..

I think the idea of calling it a fast when you eat everyday is the stupidest thing about primal / paleo..

Comment

If you are struggling and starving your way through it you aren't doing it right. You need to first become a fat-adapted person. That means in the absence of incoming calories your bodily happily and effortlessly switches over to your fat reserves as an energy source. After that, then you ought to be able to fast without any struggle at all. If you get hungry, go ahead and eat. It's intermittent, not on a schedule.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

You almost made it though, only two hours to go and you would have the glorious victory! Maybe next you should ask the society to put up some machines for bulletproof coffee instead of sweet lemonade?
                    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by slowcooker View Post
                      Long Fast..

I think the idea of calling it a fast when you eat everyday is the stupidest thing about primal / paleo..
                      You know, I kind of agree with this. IMO, unless you are doing at least 24 hours+, all you are doing is skipping a meal or two. Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing to do, but it's not a fast.

To the OP if they are still alive and interested, IFing should be something that evolves naturally from not being hungry as often. Instead of watching the clock saying, "I can eat in exactly 47 minutes.....46......", you should be looking at your watch and saying, "Wow, it's 4pm already. Have I had anything to eat today? I guess not. OK, that can wait til dinner."

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                        If you are struggling and starving your way through it you aren't doing it right. You need to first become a fat-adapted person. That means in the absence of incoming calories your bodily happily and effortlessly switches over to your fat reserves as an energy source. After that, then you ought to be able to fast without any struggle at all. If you get hungry, go ahead and eat. It's intermittent, not on a schedule.
                        Yep this

Comment

Originally posted by slowcooker View Post
                          Long Fast..

I'm psyched that I completed a 2 hour IF today between lunch and a snack I had at 2:30. I think I will celebrate by measuring my body fat.

Comment

It's good you got through day 1 of IF but it's more about long term benefits, I feel. So consider it a success and start figuring out how to do it more consistently and/or longer without feeling effects. I IF everyday and have gone 24hrs+ without true hunger (I have learned what a pang is vs. hunger), but the question for me is whether or not I want to or need to go to 24+. I like to workout in some form everyday if its light, heavy, fast walking, stretching...so longer term fasting has worried me. Is there any reason to do some consistent regimen of 24 hr+ fasts vs. the 18-20 I do everyday now?

Comment

Working...
                            X