Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar detoxing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sugar detoxing

    Hi everyone! Starting today I am going on a sugar detox. I was wondering if I should still have fruit however and if in in moderation how many pieces a day? Thanks for your help!

  • #2
    I'd say no fruit during the actual detox but maybe add it back in when you're done? Is this a temporary thing, or are you looking to make it more long term?
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

    Comment


    • #3
      I would second the no fruit during the detox - from experience I know that it sends me straight back to wanting sugar. Give it a week or so and then see how you feel.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
        I'd say no fruit during the actual detox but maybe add it back in when you're done? Is this a temporary thing, or are you looking to make it more long term?
        Ok and long term

        Comment


        • #5
          It's not that fruit is bad, it's not. It's just that any sugar source, even fruit, can cause sugar cravings and you may end up sabotaging what you are trying to achieve with the sugar. I say be strict as hell at first and then after you're used to it, maybe ease up a little.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

          Comment


          • #6
            The answer is bacon. Eat lots and lots of bacon.
            Regards,
            ~ Chris

            Comment


            • #7
              LOVE bacon and totally agree!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bluechip View Post
                The answer is bacon. Eat lots and lots of bacon.
                How comes?

                Comment


                • #9
                  it's full of fat and protein and is delicious?

                  The answer to every question is: bacon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Check out the 21 Day Sugar Detox. That will give you something to follow.
                    Depression Lies

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      Check out the 21 Day Sugar Detox. That will give you something to follow.
                      Thankyou for the advicr

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I did no sugar/Wheat Belly starting on January 1, 2012. I limited my fruit to one cup of berries a day. That summer, adding one peach or plum in the afternoon would set off nasty cravings. But a year later, in the summer of 2013, I am eating a lot more fruit of all types with no problem. My theory is that it took over a year for my body's response to sugar to normalize. So I'd say do without fruit for a few months at least. Then try a bit and see if you get problematic cravings.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Heliotrope View Post
                          I did no sugar/Wheat Belly starting on January 1, 2012. I limited my fruit to one cup of berries a day. That summer, adding one peach or plum in the afternoon would set off nasty cravings. But a year later, in the summer of 2013, I am eating a lot more fruit of all types with no problem. My theory is that it took over a year for my body's response to sugar to normalize. So I'd say do without fruit for a few months at least. Then try a bit and see if you get problematic cravings.
                          Thanks. I am still struggling as on holiday at the moment so going to wait until I am back

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No fruits. However, you can totally have butternut squash - that stuff is AMAZINGGGG!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Im just wondering what a sugar detox would achieve?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X