Massage & drinking afterwards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massage & drinking afterwards

How important isit to drink plenty of water after a massage due to all the toxins which have been released from muscles etc.

From London England UK

It depends on what you had done. If just a relaxation massage, you might be able to skip it. But if any deep tissue work, trigger point work, or lots of stretching was done, I'd drink the water. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to do so.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

What toxins?
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

oh! i figured this was about having a martini after.

i feel so parched after one, i can't imagine not downing plenty of water.

why are you thinking otherwise?
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Normally I'm really good at drinking plenty after a massage but this one time, for some reason, I didn't and I felt ill for about 24hrs. It's a massage hangover, it's not nice. Drink the water.
          Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Comment

I always make sure to drink a cold beer after massage to replace some of those lost toxins...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
              I always make sure to drink a cold beer after massage to replace some of those lost toxins...
              Lol
              Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                What toxins?
                Understand what toxins get released from massage - Treatment Massage - Seattle massage therapy since 1999.
                Eliminating Toxins With Massage? - Dr. Weil - dissenting opinion
                Does Massage Release Toxins that Must Be Flushed out with Lots of Water? | Working Thinking Being
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                  oh! i figured this was about having a martini after.?
                  I had the same thought. I had a massage a couple weeks ago. I drank tea afterwards, but that was just because I was thirsty...

Thanks for posting dr weils article, Joanie.
                  Last edited by lea; 08-17-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X