Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's happened to this forum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
    Personally, I avoid the fads and weird shit. i dont usually get involved with the stupidity and I do try to help newbies with calm clear reasoned paleo/primal advice. I truly hate seeing people being misled by some of the dingy-er folks on here.

    I think we need to adopt a common front that as many of us as possible should use. Everyone should follow paleo as I prescribe it, Mark speaks to me everyday and tells me what to say. Honest. That way we can save as many people as possible from starting out by doing a 3 week potato hack before going fully primal and IF ing from day 1.

    is that so much to ask?
    First..what do you mean Mark speaks to you every day and tells you what to say? Metaphorically or do you see dead people?

    You say you are 100% primal but everyone should do a 3 week potato hack? So..are you a jokster?

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

    Comment


    • #92
      Eat what you kill or gather. It's not that difficult, really it isn't.
      No need for agenda.

      I am magno

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
        First..what do you mean Mark speaks to you every day and tells you what to say? Metaphorically or do you see dead people?

        You say you are 100% primal but everyone should do a 3 week potato hack? So..are you a jokster?

        Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
        I think you misread some of what he wrote.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Graycat View Post
          I'm disappointed, I must say. You forgot to mention the snake oil this time.
          No, I didn't forget. It's just that Peat's writings are so wrong in so many kinds of ways that I can't always fit all of them in one post.

          Seriously, you seem like an intelligent woman. How can you put your faith in someone who advocates giving sugar to diabetics and anticoagulants to everybody as a way to raise your heart rate cuz that means yer healthy? Think about it. You don't need to be a doctor like Laz to see how ridiculous his theories are. You just need to be able to read and do some critical analysis.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
            Personally, I avoid the fads and weird shit. i dont usually get involved with the stupidity and I do try to help newbies with calm clear reasoned paleo/primal advice. I truly hate seeing people being misled by some of the dingy-er folks on here.

            I think we need to adopt a common front that as many of us as possible should use. Everyone should follow paleo as I prescribe it, Mark speaks to me everyday and tells me what to say. Honest. That way we can save as many people as possible from starting out by doing a 3 week potato hack before going fully primal and IF ing from day 1.

            is that so much to ask?
            FunnyWarmBear.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

            B*tch-lite

            Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              No, I didn't forget. It's just that Peat's writings are so wrong in so many kinds of ways that I can't always fit all of them in one post.

              Seriously, you seem like an intelligent woman. How can you put your faith in someone who advocates giving sugar to diabetics and anticoagulants to everybody as a way to raise your heart rate cuz that means yer healthy? Think about it. You don't need to be a doctor like Laz to see how ridiculous his theories are. You just need to be able to read and do some critical analysis.
              Why not? You seem to fit a lot of wrong in every one of your posts, so, I'm sure you're perfectly capable of fitting in more wrong. Also, talk is cheap, let's see some of your critical analysis put to work and actually refute his work based on scientific fact instead of misrepresentation of the facts. This is what we call useless. So useless, in fact, that I can spend a few minutes on google and post 101382378238438 citations to refute everything you say about sugar and thyroid, progesterone, et al and I know you won't be able to understand it because your scientific knowledge is sorely lacking to say the least.
              You don't need to be a doctor like Laz to see how ridiculous his theories are.
              SO FUNNY. Laz didn't even know what thyroxine was and he had a post on insulin that has been debunked 1000x over. In fact, his posts are mirror images of yours, which is probably why you take such a shine to him.

              You know what, Paleobird, I'm going to get my medical license. Then I'm going to come back here, post a picture of it on these forums, and then by credentials suddenly everything I will say will have more clout. I already have several hundred useless credits towards various things, so, it shouldn't take more than the necessary 8 years or so.

              Yes, I said I wouldn't post here anymore, but I just can't help myself. I'm attracted to this like a moth to a flame.
              Make America Great Again

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
                Paleobird.....I admire your persistence in fighting the good fight on here. I can't do much of it anymore. It's like having an argument with the kitchen table.

                With that said, there is a HUGE part of what is missing on this discussion of Primal vs Peat/vegan-healer/fad diet discussion that is not a small detail to me.

                On Peat's home page (I.E. not a random blogger misrepresenting) there are articles on his oh so brilliant ideas on labeling the mechanisms, reversing, or even CURING (shrinking of tumors) maladies such as:
                - prostate cancer, brain cancer, breast cancer, MS, rocacea, hot flashes, heart failure, HTN, sarcopenia, diabetes, and something about the "problems of brain energy" (This sounds like a euphemism for retardation, maybe?)

                To compare this to the work that Sisson or Robb Wolf or Cordain do is a completely false equivalency. In these three cases, there are general recommendations on things like having less fat, having more energy, and potential links between primal/paleo eating and the ONSET (read, not cure, not reversal) of certain chronic diseases. Again, this is not the same thing. To claim that Peat or the numerous vegan-healer sites are making recommendations on only how to eat is to miss the onus of the other 70% of their work.

                The pattern of all of these ideology sites is the same: they claim that THEIR recommendations, and pretty much theirs alone, are the only true path to health. They claim to help just about any malady a human being can have. They are always deliberately vague. Peat is bad, but some of the vegan or regional restriction diets are much worse....Apparently there are a decent number of people that are actually convinced that if I start vegan I am immune from a heart attack. Facts are irrelevant to them (go onto veggie forums, the site I came here from years ago when I was a veg for some REAL kool-aid people!). They have their random studies they don't understand and they aren't afraid to use them

                As an aside: The stuff Peat has written concerning aspirin, which I have read most anything I could find of, is downright dangerous. Get in a car accident and be dead in the ambulance when their coagulates (which are given in dosage based on relative age, gender, and weight) drugs don't do enough to counteract the anti-coag of the aspirin....just crazy. Sorry, has to be said.
                This. This touches on what I found different. And really it is probably because I am also different, in that I am no longer a newbie, so I look at different threads now that I've been doing this for 2 years.

                When I joined, there was a lot of focus on the basics of PB and also a lot of science-mindedness. Research links flew, people were told to see their doctor about health issues that cropped up, and hacks or otherwise were always analyzed from a basic PB perspective.

                I don't see so much of that. Again, it might be that I'm looking at different threads since I now don't need reassurance that fat is okay, or support with carb flu, but there just seems to be a lot of focus on diets that aren't PB.

                I mean...we are on the Primal Blueprint forums, right? This is Marks Daily Apple? The guy who published the carbohydrate curve and the primal food pyramid?

                So much of this and other (not even Ray Peat related) discussions seem to not take that into account.

                There's also a lot of stuff being thrown around with no science behind it. Mark, Robb Wolf, Cordain, Taubs, and others have done research and compiled research that others have done. Good science that makes no panacea claims, that is presented tempered with sensibility, practicality, and critical thought. Quite a few of the threads I've read in the last month don't hold claims to this standard.

                That's what's different to me.
                Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html

                Comment


                • #98
                  It's the Fox effect. Few know how to reason anymore. There is very little public reasoning presented to us
                  Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

                  Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    Why not? You seem to fit a lot of wrong in every one of your posts, so, I'm sure you're perfectly capable of fitting in more wrong. Also, talk is cheap, let's see some of your critical analysis put to work and actually refute his work based on scientific fact instead of misrepresentation of the facts. This is what we call useless. So useless, in fact, that I can spend a few minutes on google and post 101382378238438 citations to refute everything you say about sugar and thyroid, progesterone, et al and I know you won't be able to understand it because your scientific knowledge is sorely lacking to say the least.

                    SO FUNNY. Laz didn't even know what thyroxine was and he had a post on insulin that has been debunked 1000x over. In fact, his posts are mirror images of yours, which is probably why you take such a shine to him.

                    You know what, Paleobird, I'm going to get my medical license. Then I'm going to come back here, post a picture of it on these forums, and then by credentials suddenly everything I will say will have more clout. I already have several hundred useless credits towards various things, so, it shouldn't take more than the necessary 8 years or so.

                    Yes, I said I wouldn't post here anymore, but I just can't help myself. I'm attracted to this like a moth to a flame.
                    Yes, we know you are a google fu wizard. So what? The last time you put up a wall of citations supposedly proving that smoking was a good thing, I demolished each and every one of them.

                    This is really hilarious. The guy who can't decide on what to major in mocks the actual doctor. (and makes up outright fabrications about him). And, yeah, if Laz lived here and was single I would totally ask him to marry me. That's because he's smart. He can see through the BS that Peat spews that has all you sugar bees baffled. Seriously. Read Peat. Not the whisperers. It's hogwash.

                    Originally posted by RedMenace View Post
                    This. This touches on what I found different. And really it is probably because I am also different, in that I am no longer a newbie, so I look at different threads now that I've been doing this for 2 years.

                    When I joined, there was a lot of focus on the basics of PB and also a lot of science-mindedness. Research links flew, people were told to see their doctor about health issues that cropped up, and hacks or otherwise were always analyzed from a basic PB perspective.

                    I don't see so much of that. Again, it might be that I'm looking at different threads since I now don't need reassurance that fat is okay, or support with carb flu, but there just seems to be a lot of focus on diets that aren't PB.

                    I mean...we are on the Primal Blueprint forums, right? This is Marks Daily Apple? The guy who published the carbohydrate curve and the primal food pyramid?

                    So much of this and other (not even Ray Peat related) discussions seem to not take that into account.

                    There's also a lot of stuff being thrown around with no science behind it. Mark, Robb Wolf, Cordain, Taubs, and others have done research and compiled research that others have done. Good science that makes no panacea claims, that is presented tempered with sensibility, practicality, and critical thought. Quite a few of the threads I've read in the last month don't hold claims to this standard.

                    That's what's different to me.
                    Well said.
                    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-09-2013, 08:52 PM.

                    Comment


                    • As a newbie, this thread has really helped me understand some context that I must've been missing when asking questions. Even though its just one big argument, it was helpful for me to gauge who seems to really know what they're talking about and who seems to be pushing an agenda / stirring a pot. I can say that it's been a bit of a trial by fire joining here b/c of the aggressive, sarcastic and/or dismissive comments replying to some questions (certainly not everyone, but some people are really damn pissed that someone would ask such a 'stupid' question). Anyway, it's no one's responsibility to make this a love-in, but this thread certainly gave me some answers as to why some ppl seem so crusty, cryptic or contradicting my understanding of this way of eating.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                        Why not? You seem to fit a lot of wrong in every one of your posts, so, I'm sure you're perfectly capable of fitting in more wrong. Also, talk is cheap, let's see some of your critical analysis put to work and actually refute his work based on scientific fact instead of misrepresentation of the facts. This is what we call useless. So useless, in fact, that I can spend a few minutes on google and post 101382378238438 citations to refute everything you say about sugar and thyroid, progesterone, et al and I know you won't be able to understand it because your scientific knowledge is sorely lacking to say the least.

                        SO FUNNY. Laz didn't even know what thyroxine was and he had a post on insulin that has been debunked 1000x over. In fact, his posts are mirror images of yours, which is probably why you take such a shine to him.

                        You know what, Paleobird, I'm going to get my medical license. Then I'm going to come back here, post a picture of it on these forums, and then by credentials suddenly everything I will say will have more clout. I already have several hundred useless credits towards various things, so, it shouldn't take more than the necessary 8 years or so.

                        Yes, I said I wouldn't post here anymore, but I just can't help myself. I'm attracted to this like a moth to a flame.
                        abbreviated version of this nonsense:

                        "blah, blah blah. im smarter than you because you're dumb and you lack my scientific knowledge (i'll prove it with a piece of paper in the future, er i mean upon getting a license).
                        yuckity, yuckity, yuckity i know everything and youre all idiots because you dont listen to me
                        i cant help but share my knowledge with you proletariats because i am virtuous"

                        me thinks this is what the creator of this thread meant in asking "what happened to this forum?"

                        i am magno

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          Yes, we know you are a google fu wizard. So what? The last time you put up a wall of citations supposedly proving that smoking was a good thing, I demolished each and every one of them.

                          This is really hilarious. The guy who can't decide on what to major in mocks the actual doctor. (and makes up outright fabrications about him). And, yeah, if Laz lived here and was single I would totally ask him to marry me. That's because he's smart. He can see through the BS that Peat spews that has all you sugar bees baffled. Seriously. Read Peat. Not the whisperers. It's hogwash.
                          No you didn't. Not even once. I didn't reply to your post about my cigarette citations because it wasn't worth replying to, because you injected personal opinions into it again and ignored the science behind the benefits of nicotine. You never even replied to the Peat post.

                          I have read Peat. I have talked to Peat. I don't like education because it's based on a foundation of lies and breeds more liars. The only thing having a certificate proves is that you were able to sell out and forfeit all dissenting opinions of your own to follow exactly what is written in old propagandist literature and textbooks. I have yet to see proof that TheyCallMeLazarus has any medical knowledge whatsoever and wouldn't get a malpractice lawsuit on him for some of his opinions that he parrots from blogs.

                          If you'd like for me to prove my intelligence we can post our PISA test results and IQ test results. I'd ask for photographic evidence though, since anyone can lie about them. Believe me, if I wanted to, I could have been anything, but it's just not for me. I have other plans, but I haven't exactly found a niche that can hold my interest long enough.
                          Make America Great Again

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by magno View Post
                            abbreviated version of this nonsense:

                            "blah, blah blah. im smarter than you because you're dumb and you lack my scientific knowledge (i'll prove it with a piece of paper in the future, er i mean upon getting a license).
                            yuckity, yuckity, yuckity i know everything and youre all idiots because you dont listen to me
                            i cant help but share my knowledge with you proletariats because i am virtuous"

                            me thinks this is what the creator of this thread meant in asking "what happened to this forum?"

                            i am magno
                            Yes, good guy, conveniently ignore everyone else's post of the same exact thing because you happen to agree with them. Hypocrite. I admit I'm a pompous ass, but no one else can seem to admit the same. So, your post just bounces right off me.
                            Make America Great Again

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by L0kI View Post
                              As a newbie, this thread has really helped me understand some context that I must've been missing when asking questions. Even though its just one big argument, it was helpful for me to gauge who seems to really know what they're talking about and who seems to be pushing an agenda / stirring a pot. I can say that it's been a bit of a trial by fire joining here b/c of the aggressive, sarcastic and/or dismissive comments replying to some questions (certainly not everyone, but some people are really damn pissed that someone would ask such a 'stupid' question). Anyway, it's no one's responsibility to make this a love-in, but this thread certainly gave me some answers as to why some ppl seem so crusty, cryptic or contradicting my understanding of this way of eating.
                              I'm glad you are able to take something positive from it. It's a shame when newbies just trying to ask a question get caught in all the crossfire around here.

                              Originally posted by magno View Post
                              abbreviated version of this nonsense:

                              "blah, blah blah. im smarter than you because you're dumb and you lack my scientific knowledge (i'll prove it with a piece of paper in the future, er i mean upon getting a license).
                              yuckity, yuckity, yuckity i know everything and youre all idiots because you dont listen to me
                              i cant help but share my knowledge with you proletariats because i am virtuous"

                              me thinks this is what the creator of this thread meant in asking "what happened to this forum?"

                              i am magno
                              Hehehehe, thanks for the chuckle , mango. I was thinking the same thing.

                              Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              No you didn't. Not even once. I didn't reply to your post about my cigarette citations because it wasn't worth replying to, because you injected personal opinions into it again and ignored the science behind the benefits of nicotine. You never even replied to the Peat post.

                              I have read Peat. I have talked to Peat. I don't like education because it's based on a foundation of lies and breeds more liars. The only thing having a certificate proves is that you were able to sell out and forfeit all dissenting opinions of your own to follow exactly what is written in old propagandist literature and textbooks. I have yet to see proof that TheyCallMeLazarus has any medical knowledge whatsoever and wouldn't get a malpractice lawsuit on him for some of his opinions that he parrots from blogs.

                              If you'd like for me to prove my intelligence we can post our PISA test results and IQ test results. I'd ask for photographic evidence though, since anyone can lie about them. Believe me, if I wanted to, I could have been anything, but it's just not for me. I have other plans, but I haven't exactly found a niche that can hold my interest long enough.
                              Oh, Derp. Quit with the childish blather. Neither I nor Laz has to prove anything to anyone.

                              Peat, who is making outlandish claims that run contrary to decades of well established verified facts, need to back up his BS. He doesn't in his writings.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                Yes, good guy, conveniently ignore everyone else's post of the same exact thing because you happen to agree with them. Hypocrite. I admit I'm a pompous ass, but no one else can seem to admit the same. So, your post just bounces right off me.
                                another interpretation:
                                "i have never met you or spoken to you; yet i know who you agree with and what you think. i am all knowing.

                                in fact, i am so smart, that i know you are a hypocrite before even speaking with you or asking what you think of the other nonsense on this thread

                                i am so strong and sure that i am right and everyone else is wrong that i will attack your credibility to prove it"

                                again, the question remains, "what happened to this forum?"

                                i am magno

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X