No announcement yet.

What do you pay for pastured eggs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.50 dozen for them from a local farmer.

Comment

Mine are FREE.... we have 29 chickens that roam the farm. I have a few 'customers' that are regulars but I only charge a free-will donation. It's usually about $2.00 per dozen.
      Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Right now, $3/dz for medium eggs at the farmers market. I know they're pastured, but probably not organic. From speaking with urban chicken aficionados, organically raising chickens is a rather impractical task, and there's no guarantee that your chickens aren't feasting on non-organic material that they scratch up. The yolks are large and bright orange and taste like butter, so that's good enough for me
        “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

$5 for a dozen as part of our CSA box. Our local farmer's market has them for $6 a dozen.

We're right outside Chicago and it's a bit more expensive here; my parents' farmer's market in Indiana has them for $3 a dozen - plus they carry duck eggs - so we always stock up when we visit.

Comment

$3.00 from friend at work or $4-$5 at local health food store.

Comment

I wish I knew where to get pastured eggs in NYC. Whenever I go to Farmer's markets, all I see is 'vegetarian,' and they mention the grain they feed them... can they be pastured in spite of that?

Anyone know anywhere? I promise not to bite into your weekly supply; I don't eat -that- many.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoniam View Post
                I wish I knew where to get pastured eggs in NYC. Whenever I go to Farmer's markets, all I see is 'vegetarian,' and they mention the grain they feed them... can they be pastured in spite of that?

Anyone know anywhere? I promise not to bite into your weekly supply; I don't eat -that- many.
                Yeah, it would take way too much land to feed chickens exclusively on grass and bugs. Other than the Tropical Traditions coconut-based feed, I believe all chicken feeds are grain-based. I'd just eat the ones from the farmers' market, rather than let the perfect be the enemy of the good. A good question to ask, though, would be how much time the chickens actually spend in grassy areas. As long as it's a little while every day, they're probably far better than anything you can buy in a grocery store.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

$6 at my local health food store

Comment

I live in Amish country ... the Amish farmers sell eggs to the local health food store, which re-sells at $2/dozen.

I didn't realize what a bargain I was getting, until I read this thread ....
                    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it.
                    Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I pay $ 2.60 for 30 large eggs...
                      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by paint94979 View Post
                        I'm in Marin county so FYI there are much better options
                        Where do you get them and how much are they?

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
                          Where do you get them and how much are they?
                          I have been paying $6 but now had to switch farms so now they are 7$ but if we buy 15 dozen the price drops to $6 a dozen. I go through 10 dozen a month... Care to buy 5 dozen so we can get a discount?

Comment

On special at our local farm, $2 per dozen for duck eggs, $2.50 for chicken eggs. Normally $3 a dozen.
                            Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                            Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                            Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

$5.00 dozen at HEB in Texas and at farmers market

Comment

Usually $6, have another place I go when I can where they are $4.50

Comment

Working...
                                X