No announcement yet.

So what's the deal with almond milk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you want do drink processed flavored soggy nut liquid? If you must drink almond milk I will agree with everyone who said to make your own with real ingredients, but it might be easier and healthier to just eat or drink something else, unless you have a specific need for almond milk.

Comment

Because it goes great with Chex gluten-free Honey Nut cereal!

Comment

I would pass on it. Nuts should be consumed in moderation. Having a source of nuts that you literally just drink down it a recipe for overconsumption. Plus, what is the Omega six fatty acid breakdown of almond milk?
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Get un-sweetened almond milk, and it's far better than cow's milk - unless you get grass-fed/finished and you don't have an allergy to dairy.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
            My primary beef with almond milk (and soy milk and coconut milk) is that they add carragheenan into it for a thickener. I liked almond milk when it was it's normal thin, watery consistency. Plus, carragheenan isn't good for you. And I haven't been able to find any of the milk substitutes any more that don't have carragheenan, even the organic versions. Disappointing.
            +1
            All the "milks" out there seems to have carragheenan! I just use Nature's Forest organic canned coconut milk, and it tastes great in my coffee and a few other things I make with it.

Comment

Working...
            X